New Student Information & Forms
Students who have decided to attend Saint Louis University must submit these important health forms to complete their enrollment: an immunization record, a personal health history and a health insurance waiver.
Student Immunization Record
Submitting a completed immunization record is required to enroll at Saint Louis University.
You should fill in your personal information and sign the authorization of release before giving the immunization record to your healthcare provider; a physician must then complete the remainder of the form and sign it. Please note that it is your responsibility to return the completed form to SLU by the appropriate deadline.
Please refer to the included list of immunizations required by Saint Louis University to determine if you require any additional immunizations prior to submitting this form.
The Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire is included in the above packet and required for all students on campus.
Personal Health History
Submitting a completed personal health history (included in above required health forms) is also required to enroll at SLU. This form does not require a physician's signature and can be completed in its entirety by the student.
If you are a freshman who will be residing on campus, you must complete the meningococcal vaccination requirement either by providing documentation of vaccination or by completing the waiver section of the form indicating that you have received the information and have made the decision not to have the vaccination.
Health Insurance Waiver
If you already have health insurance - either your own or coverage under a parent's plan - you must also submit a completed health insurance waiver along with proof of coverage. If you do not submit this form, you will be billed for the University Health Plan.
Please note that this waiver must be submitted with a copy (front and back) of your insurance card.
Students who wish to participate in the University-sponsored health plan must complete the University Health Plan (UHP) Enrollment Form. Students who do not provide proof of medical insurance will be automatically charged for this program.
UHP Health Plan Enrollment Form Spring 2013 I Summer 2013
All full time students are eligible for UHP. This is required only if the full time student does not have medical insurance. If the student does not provide a waiver form and evidence of medical insurance the student will automatically be charged for UHP and required to submit enrollment form to avoid a registration hold.
Forms and details about the UHP coverage and policies can be found on the University Health Plan website.
- Students who will begin their enrollment during the fall semester must submit their forms no later than August 1.
- Students who plan to begin their enrollment during the spring semester should submit their forms no later than December 1.
- Students who plan to begin their enrollment during the summer session should submit their forms no later than May 1.
Students are encouraged to submit the health insurance waiver form as soon as possible after deciding to attend SLU. Doing so ensures that students with coverage will not be billed for the University-sponsored health plan.
Forms should be returned to Saint Louis University's Student Health and Counseling Center at the address below.
Please ensure that all supporting parts of the forms are included. Incoming students will also have an opportunity to submit their health forms at SLU101 orientation. You are encouraged to retain copies and documentation of your submission for your records.
Student Health and Counseling Center
3518 Laclede Ave.
Marchetti Tower East
St. Louis, MO 63103
Checklist for New Students
- Sign waiver of Health Insurance and provide Student Health and Counseling Center a copy of health insurance card.
- Investigate University Health Plan health insurance if out of state health insurance does not cover services at the Student Health and Counseling Center.
- Receive Meningitis vaccine or sign Meningitis vaccine waiver acknowledging risks of not receiving the vaccine.
- Send completed immunization record to the Student Health and Counseling Center by the start of classes.
- If there are ongoing medical or mental health issues, let us assist you in your health maintenance plan. Give the Student Health and Counseling Center a call prior to or at the beginning of the school year and make an appointment to see our physician.
Visit our most Frequently Asked Questions for answers to common questions new students usually have.