How to Reserve Space for a Meeting or an Event on Campus
*Before you begin the reservation process, please note that organizational meetings held by chartered student organizations do not require authorization signatures. All other student events require the approval of your adviser and the Department of Student Life.
Student Organizational Meeting requirements:
--Download an organization student meeting form, or stop by the University Event Services office to fill out a meeting request form. Once you fill out the entire form, drop it off at Event Services.
--Once your meeting has been scheduled, then you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
Student Organizational Event requirements:
--Students must fill out the Program Planning Form AND the Student Event Registration Form. Both forms can be found online at http://www.slu.edu/x38657.xml.
--Students must complete and turn in both forms to the Department of Student Life at least 20 business days prior to the event.
--Once the Department of Student Life receives both forms, they will review and approve the event. Once the event has been approved, the Department of Student Life will forward the forms to University Event Services for space scheduling.
--After getting approval from all other service providers, an event specialist will book your event. Once your event has been scheduled and approved, then you will receive an e-mail confirmation from an event specialist. University Event Services will strive to accommodate specific building/room requests. However, students need to read these e-mail confirmations carefully as requested buildings/rooms are not always available. In those cases, University Event Services will place the event in a comparable space based upon your event needs.
--You will work on all further event details with this event specialist
Reserve Space Early
These University services require the following advance notice.
- Grounds and Facilities (10 business days notice not inclusive of event date) (all outdoor space reservations, tents, banner hanging, electric power, outdoor furniture, disabling irrigation)
- Public Safety (5 business days notice not inclusive of event date) (crowd control, building access, gallery security, events with alcohol)
- Housekeeping (5 business days notice, not inclusive of event date) (room setup layouts, cleaning, waste disposal)
- Audiovisual Equipment in Busch Student Center (2 business days notice, not inclusive of event date)
The following venues have specific guidelines. Please download the appropriate set of guidelines for your event, sign and return to your event specialist.
- Allied Health Multipurpose Room guidelines
- Boileau Hall guidelines
- Busch Student Center guidelines
- Sinquefield State Room guidelines
- Il Monastero guidelines
- Pere Marquette Gallery guidelines
- Refectory Hall (DuBourg Hall, Room 157) guidelines
In addition to building-specific guidelines that may affect your event, the University has general rules and regulations that apply to all student activity on campus (regardless of venue). These regulations are dictated by the Office of Student Responsibility and Community Standards and can be found in the 2013-2014 Student Handbook.Please note:
- Do not assume receipt of the event request form equals confirmation. Your event is not confirmed until Event Services receives the completed form and notifies you of approval.
- Do not send out invitations, make fliers or programs, place rental orders or confirm catering until you have received confirmation from Event Services that your event is approved.
- Event Services reserves the right to cancel the reservation if it conflicts in any way with the general policy of the University regarding special events. Event Services also reserves the right to change reservations to other spaces with the understanding that, if possible, comparable facilities will be provided when the change is necessary.
- Client agrees to be responsible for any damages to University facilities and/or property or injury to other persons caused by persons using University facilities.
Give us a call at 314-977-MEET (6338) or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin planning your next event.