- Tuition, Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- SPS Scholarships
- Diana, Alice, Emily, and Cecelia Ippolito Healthcare Scholarship
- Lumiere Place Hospitality Scholarship
- Hospitality Industry Advisory Board Scholarship
- Anne Haltenhof Project Management Scholarship
- Steven and Diana Ippolito Scholarship
- New Student Incentive Scholarship
- New Student Commitment Scholarship
- EAB Scholarship for Servant Leadership
- Herndon Products Scholarship for Organizational Studies
- Dean's Emergency Scholarship
- Continuous Progress Scholarship
- Brandt Disability Scholarship
- Larry L. Cockell Criminal Justice Scholarship Fund
- Latisha Barefield Memorial Scholarship
- Additional Financing Sources
- External Financial Aid Resources
- Recruiter Incentive Program
- Financial Aid Feedback Form
- Deferred Payment
- Tuition Remission
- Financial Literacy and Resources
New Student Commitment Scholarship
- Part-time: $750
- Full-time: $1500
- 1-2 recipients per term will be selected
Do You Qualify?
This award is for new students who are committed to planning and executing a yearly schedule of classes. Any fully admitted new or transfer student in their first or second term with SPS, or current SPS student with 2 or fewer completed classes may apply. Up to two awards will be given each term. Students must reapply every term. Students needing assistance with any part of this application should speak with their advisor or admissions counselor.
To be eligible for the New Student Commitment Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Submitted all required official transcripts and officially admitted into an SPS bachelor’s degree program within the past 2 terms and/or no more than 6 credit hours completed with SPS.
- Be registered in courses for the upcoming 4 SPS terms endorsed by advisor or admissions counselor. Please note: receipt of this scholarship requires you to follow this plan, and changes may result in the loss of your scholarship.
- Have a current Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Office of Student Financial Services at Saint Louis University, DuBourg Hall, Room 121, (314) 977-2350.
- Submit a maximum 300 word essay addressing the following topic: "How will this scholarship help you achieve your educational goals?"
- Receive less than the equivalent of 9 credit hours ($5400) in tuition assistance per year (exclusive of aid received through the FAFSA, such as federal loans or grants).
To apply for this scholarship, qualified students should:
- Fill out and submit the below application by the deadline. For the current list of scholarship deadlines, click here.
- Include the essay described above.
- File FAFSA.
- *Include the list of courses endorsed by your advisor or admissions counselor.
*Items marked with an asterisk can be submitted in person at the St. Louis office, by mail to School for Professional Studies, 3840 Lindell Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63108; Attn: Scholarships, or by fax to (314) 977-2333. Applications will not be considered complete until all materials are submitted.
School for Professional Studies (SPS) scholarships are awarded to qualified students enrolled in a program issued by SPS. The number and profile of applicants will vary by term; consequently, a student may be awarded a scholarship one term, but not the next. SLU employees and/or family members who qualify for SLU tuition remission are not eligible to receive SPS scholarships. The scholarships are not cash refundable and are applied directly to the cost of tuition for the term awarded. Receipt of an SPS scholarship is contingent upon successful completion of the enrolled courses each term. Students who withdraw from courses may be subject to forfeiture of all monies awarded by SPS.