- Technology Management
- For Industry - Technology Available for Licensing
- Contact Technology Management
- old pages
- title page
- A Modern Approach to Wing Warp for Aircraft Control
- Treatment Of Liver Fibrosis Following Hepatic Injury By Selective Killing Of Activated Liver Stellate Cells
- Compositions and Methods for Treating and Diagnosing Hepatoma
- Vaccine Compositions and Methods That Increase Safety of Anti-Viral Vaccination Without Loss of Efficacy
- Automatic Pressure-Locking Valve Prevents CSF Loss and Herniation During Lumbar Puncture When Intracranial Pressure Is Elevated.
- Immortal Differentiated Type II Lung Epithelial Cell Line (T7)
- Human A Rapid, Reliable Bedside Diagnostic Method For Accurately Determining Feeding Tube Placement In Respiratory Tract, Stomach, Or Small Bowel Of Patients Prior to Enteral Nutrient Administration.
- Human Natural Killer Cell Line - NK 3.3:
- Factor IXa Protease Helix-330 (Region 1)
- In Vitro Method for Concerted Integration of Donor DNA Molecules Into Target DNA Using Retroviral Integrase and a Procedure for Evaluation of Donor DNA Integration.
- SRCAP: A Novel Transcription Protein Having Therapeutic Target and Diagnostic Target Product Development Potential.
- C-Terminal Binding Protein Interacting Protein (CtIP):
- Novel Anti-Coagulation Therapeutics: Agents That Effectively Inhibit Binding of Factor VIIIa (Region 3) With Factor IXa (Region 2) Without Activating Factor X.
- Genetically Modified Activated Protein C with Reduced Anticoagulant Properties
- C22: A Conditionally Immortalized Mouse Clara Cell Line
C22: A Conditionally Immortalized Mouse Clara Cell Line
Inventor: Daphne E. deMello, M.D.
Clara cells are believed to be the progenitor of the peripheral airway epithelium and they produce the surfactant proteins SP-A, SP-B and SP-D in addition to the Clara cell secretory protein (CCSP or CC10). A conditionally immortalized mouse lung Clara cell line, designated C22, was derived from the H-2Kb-txA58 transgenic mouse. The promoter is active in a wide range of tissues and is induced by interferons (IFN).
From the lungs of mice harboring the hybrid construct Clara cells were isolated and characterized. The Clara cells harboring the hybrid construct (C22 cells) contain secretory granules and mitochondria typical of Clara cells and express the surfactant proteins SP-A, SP-B, SP-D and the Clara cell secretory protein, CC10. Withdrawal from C22 cells of IFN and elevation of the incubation temperature permits cell differentiation similar to that of Clara cells in vivo. (Refer: In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol - Animal 38:154-164, Mar. 2002).
The C22 mouse Clara cell line will be useful for investigations of normal Clara lung cell function and gene expression.
Category: Conditionally immortalized mouse Clara cell line
Keywords: peripheral, airway, epithelium, secretory protein, CCSP, CC10, Clara cells