Visual Arts in St. Louis
There is much to see and do in St. Louis with respect to the visual arts, and many venues are within easy walking or driving distance of MOCRA.
Museum and Gallery listings
Check the Arts Zipper.
Click here for a comprehensive calendar of arts and culture in the St. Louis region, produced by the Regional Arts Commission.
Grab your Art Map and go.The Saint Louis Art Map blog is a collaborative blog that seeks to promote critical discussion about the non-profit fine visual arts in St. Louis.
You can also download a guide to non-profit visual arts entities in St. Louis. Click here for an interactive online version. Click here for a printable version.
Museum and Gallery websites
- MOCRA is one of several museums and galleries at Saint Louis University.
Click here to learn more about the Saint Louis University Museum of Art, Historic Samuel Cupples House, and more.
MOCRA is located in the Grand Center arts district.
Click here to find out more about Grand Center, St. Louis's premier destination for art and culture. Grand Center is home to major museums and galleries, the Saint Louis Symphony, the Fabulous Fox Theater, numerous theater, music and dance companies, excellent dining, and more.
- Saint Louis Art Museum
- Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts
- Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis
- Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum
- Laumeier Sculpture Park
- Sheldon Art Galleries
- Boots Contemporary Art Space
- White Flag Projects
- The Luminary Center for the Arts
- World Chess Hall of Fame and Museum
- Gallery 210 at the University of Missouri - St. Louis
- Schmidt Art Center at Southwestern Illinois College
Blogs and other resources