Residence Hall Check-Out
We hope that this cleaning list is helpful in explaining the condition all residence hall rooms should be in upon check-out.
These items must be clean when moving out. All trash and unwanted items must be placed inside the dumpsters. Contact the coordinator of your building if you have any specific questions.
Please remember that failure to adequately clean your room can result in a minimum $75.00 charge per area listed below:
- Clean windows and window sills
- Clean blinds
- Clean walls/doors
- Remove all contact paper and its sticky residue
- Remove hangers, pencil/pen marks, tape/stickers and sticky residue
- Remove mildew
- Remove scuff marks
- Remove personal items from closet
- Sweep and mop floors. DO NOT use Clorox bleach on floors.
- Please note that painting over damage usually increases, not decreases, the amount of the damage charge.
Suggested cleaners: 409 or Windex multi-purpose cleaner (CLEAR liquid only!); follow manufacturer's instructions.
Bathroom (private and semi-private only)
- Scrub inside and out of toilet
- Scrub tub, faucets, tile, and soap dish
- Scrub sink, faucets, tile, and soap dish
- Remove all personal items from drawers and shelves. You will be charged for personal items left behind.
- Clean mirrors
Suggested cleaners: Dow Scrubbing Bubbles/ Pine Sol; follow manufacturer's instructions.
Looking to store your belongings during the summer? The Department of Housing and Residence Life does not have storage facilities on campus for students. However, there is a storage option for students needing summer storage.