Instructors requiring discipline-specific software installed in public classrooms or labs supported by ITS should complete the following checklist:
- Plan with us before purchasing software for shared-use computers. Before purchasing any new software, contact the IT Service Desk (at 314-977-4000) to discuss current hardware and operating system requirements. Software on shared use computers must meet minimum ITS requirements to work properly and license management be part of the plan. Purchases should take place at least eight weeks before you plan to use the software in the computer lab or classroom.
- Contact the IT Service Desk (at 314-977-4000) to submit a request for the software installation.
- Locate the original media and proof of license compliance. All software installed requires proof of license compliance prior to installation.
- Send the installation media and a copy of the license (or evidence of this allocation) to ITS. Deliver or send the requested software and license documentation to the IT Service Desk in Lindell Hall. To guarantee software installation at the time of need, the software and documentation should arrive no later than four weeks prior to when the software is needed.
- Confirm the proper installation and configuration before classes begin. After the software is received, it will be installed and tested by ITS to ensure that the software appears functional. An ITS staff member will send an e-mail confirmation or contact you by phone to confirm that the software is installed and available for testing by you or a designee, to ensure that your configuration/functionality expectations are met.