Academic Technology Services
ITS provides many products and services to help facilitate a challenging and rewarding learning environment at SLU. These products allow instructors and students to post course materials online, conduct online real-time meetings, facilitate discussion groups, post assignments and create and deliver Web-based surveys to SLU users.
Please select the appropriate link below for more information about the learning and academic resources available to the SLU community.
- Blackboard Learn - Formerly known as SLU Global, SLU's course management system supports both faculty and students users.
- Tegrity Lecture Capture - Allows faculty to record an entire lecture in a Tegrity-enabled classroom or to record supplementary material outside of class for students to access online at their convenience.
- Wimba Classroom - As of January 14, 2013, Wimba has been replaced by Fuze Meeting as SLU's supported online, real-time collaboration tool.
- Fuze Meeting - An online video-conferencing and real-time collaboration tool that can be accessed via any web browser or supported smartphone/tablet.
- Respondus - A tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to a Blackboard course.
- Campus Pack - A tool for creating wiki, blog, and journal content associated with a class or personal space.
- SurveyDIG Online Course Evaluation System - The University's online course evaluation tool that provides a secure form for students to submit an anonymous course evaluation.
- Web-based survey tools - Qualtrics is a tool for the creation and delivery of Web-based surveys for SLU users.
- Activity Insight - An online tool to collect faculty accomplishments to support University planning, assessment, and accreditation efforts.
- WeBWorK - Allows instructors to deliver homework sets, also known as problem sets, to students over the Internet.
For information on learning carrels (placing educational materials on reserve) and the instructional media collection, please visit the Multimedia Services and Computer Labs section.