AlcoholEdu for College is an online, science-based program that provides information on the effects of alcohol on body and mind. The course is personalized to each student based on his or her knowledge, gender and choices regarding alcohol use and abuse. The course has two parts.
Part I of the course includes information on alcohol-related knowledge, assessments of attitudes and behaviors around drinking and interactive exercises that test ones knowledge on alcohol education. Whether or not you choose to drink, it is likely that you know someone that does.
This course can help empower you to make informed decisions about your own use and help you better cope with the drinking behaviors of your friends and peers.
The deadline for completing Part I is August 16th, 2010.
Forty-five days after you complete Part I, you will receive an email instructing you to complete Part II. Part II is shorter and takes about 15 minutes to complete.
The deadline for completing Part II is October 14th, 2010.
What about confidentiality?
All survey responses are strictly confidential. Your name will not be linked with your answers on the course.
The University will only receive information about the student body as a whole and the individuals who have completed the course, but not individual student’s responses or answers to questions. AlcoholEdu has been designed to protect your privacy.
To complete the course you will need Internet access and audio capabilities. If you do not own a computer, you may use any public computer with Internet access (such as your local library).
To begin AlcoholEdu
- On or after July 26th, go to http://college.alcoholedu.com/
- Under New User, enter the following Login ID: 10C179159FIRSTYEAR
- Click Sign Up
- On the registration page, use your Saint Louis University email address and a password of your choice to create your account. You will need to enter your Banner ID, which is located on your student ID card. This information is used to provide incentives to students who complete the program early.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a “Next” button. Do Not log out until you click “Next” or you will have to repeat the section you have just completed.
- When you are returning to the course, log in as a Returning User and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
What about Technical Support if I experience problems?
If you experience any technical difficulties or need support you may contact the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the Technical Support button that is located on the upper right hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen.
You do not need to be logged into the course to receive support. You may also call the Technical Support Center toll-free at: 866-384-9062.