About Information Technology Services (ITS)
ITS Mission Statement
Support and enhance the vision, mission and values of Saint Louis University by providing effective and reliable information technology services founded on the business requirements of our academic, clinical, research and administrative customers.
ITS Strategic Plan
As the primary provider of technology and technology services at Saint Louis University, the Information Technology Services (ITS) division is committed to growth and innovation that is in line with the University mission and vision. With this in mind, a strategic plan was developed to help establish direction, focus division efforts on clear priorities, operate more efficiently, and build confidence and trust across the University.
ITS Framing Principles
These five strategic goals set our direction and provide the basis for our annual operating plans to help accomplish the ITS mission:
- Customer First: Focus on building and delivering services that meet or exceed customer needs
- Invest Wisely: Manage the prioritization and allocation of technology resources in alignment with the University strategies and goals
- Transparency: Actively engage the University community in two-way communication
- Build to Last: Establish clear processes and policies to support and enable consistency, reliability, security, and performance
- Raise the Bar: Cultivate a mission-driven, results-oriented, high-performance culture
ITS Strategic Initiatives
ITS has focused our strategic plan on the following four strategic initiatives:
- Investments: Achieve cost transparency, seek alternate revenue streams and establish strategic vendor partnerships that will support prudent IT investments
- Goal: Establish a cost effective IT investment strategy to position ITS to be a strategic, value added business partner
- Goal: Plan, develop and execute expense and capital budget that will account for infrastructure and divisions assets
- Service Delivery: Enable global learning, quality clinical care, rewarding research and innovative academic pursuit through the delivery of effective, secure, reliable and efficient IT services
- Goal: Develop and maintain a globally accessible collaborative environment for teaching, learning and academic administration
- Goal: Enhance customer service offerings and Remedy toolset
- Goal: Promote the use of all existing application software to ensure maximum utilization that enables SLU divisions
- Goal: Define and implement a security framework
- Goal: Develop a research-oriented IT infrastructure and support plan that enables innovation and entrepreneurship
- Goal: Ensure infrastructure stability, reliability and enhance capabilities to support the University
- Partnerships: Enhance ITS strategic partnerships and collaboration across the entire University
- Goal: Achieve strategic partnerships with SLU divisions through proactive communication, and support by providing innovative ideas that are valued
- Leadership: Develop our staff into effective leaders and subject matter experts who are customer centric and proponents of SLU and ITS strategy
- Goal: Build ITS strength in leadership, information technology, and functional area expertise across SLU divisions
- Goal: ITS will build a leadership team which focuses on value governance, performance, risk and resource functions
Services within the ITS division
- Advanced Technology and Research Technology Group collaborates with SLU research staff and faculty to provide support for research and research initiatives.
- Business Services is responsible for managing the budget and contracts of the ITS division.
- SLUCare Technology Group provides support for clinical and research functions of SLUCare and the School of Medicine.
- Customer Services Group assist all students, staff and faculty with accessing and utilizing SLU applications and systems.
- Enterprise Application Group is responsible for Banner and all companion products, as well as email, calendars, collaboration and mobile.
- Academic Technologies Group implements and supports reliable, scalable academic technologies that enable and enhance the delivery of teaching and learning to anyone, anywhere at any time.
- Infrastructure Operations Group maintains and operates campus-wide voice and data networks, multimedia systems and data centers.
- Information Security and Compliance provides the policies, standards and best practices to secure SLU's information assets and ensure compliance with standards, laws and policies.
- Projects and Plans Group establishes standards and processes for managing ITS projects.