ITS Mission Statement
Support and enhance the vision, mission and values of Saint Louis University by providing effective and reliable information technology services founded on the business requirements of our academic, clinical, research and administrative customers.
ITS Strategic Plan
As the primary provider of technology and technology services at Saint Louis University, the Information Technology Services (ITS) division is committed to growth and innovation that is in line with the University mission and vision. With this in mind, a strategic plan was developed to help establish direction, focus division efforts on clear priorities, operate more efficiently, and build confidence and trust across the University.
ITS Framing Principles
The following framing principles are the philosophy by which we conduct business:
- Customer First: Focus on building and delivering services that meet or exceed customer needs
- Invest Wisely: Manage the prioritization and allocation of technology resources in alignment with the University strategies and goals
- Transparency: Actively engage the University community in two-way communication
- Build to Last: Establish clear processes and policies to support and enable consistency, reliability, security, and performance
- Raise the Bar: Cultivate a mission-driven, results-oriented, high-performance culture
ITS 2014 Division Goals
- Process Improvement - Implementation of optimized processes that ensure consistent high quality in the delivery of services, alignment with industry best practices, and enables the ITS Division to become a more transparent and flexible organization.
- Fiscal Stewardship - Creation of a technology service portfolio that encapsulates all ITS technology costs. Identification of technology delivery strategies to assist in the prevention of under or over spending on services contained within the technology service portfolio in alignment to University service quality requirements.
- Communications & Transparency - Development of macro and micro-level strategies for increased communication effectiveness with University constituencies. Increase the inclusion of the larger technology community in the sourcing, vetting, and decision-making process.
- Planning & Reporting - Creation of a strategic technology plan that aligns with University goals. Development of tactics that embrace the future needs of SLU which will provide an industry competitive advantage. Completion of a reporting ecosystem that provides key metrics for executive, senior, and mid-level staff that will assist the University in making strategic decisions regarding the technology portfolio.
- Architecture of the Future - Review the IT practices, policies, and technologies in support of an overall technology architecture that enables flexibility/agility for our constituents in a reliable, secure, and supportable manner.
Services within the ITS division
- Advanced Technology and Research Technology Group collaborates with SLU research staff and faculty to provide support for research and research initiatives.
- Business Services is responsible for managing the budget and contracts of the ITS division.
- SLUCare Technology Group provides support for clinical and research functions of SLUCare and the School of Medicine.
- Customer Services Group assist all students, staff and faculty with accessing and utilizing SLU applications and systems.
- Enterprise Application Group is responsible for Banner and all companion products, as well as email, calendars, collaboration and mobile.
- Academic Technologies Group implements and supports reliable, scalable academic technologies that enable and enhance the delivery of teaching and learning to anyone, anywhere at any time.
- Infrastructure Operations Group maintains and operates campus-wide voice and data networks, multimedia systems and data centers.
- Information Security and Compliance provides the policies, standards and best practices to secure SLU's information assets and ensure compliance with standards, laws and policies.
- Projects and Plans Group establishes standards and processes for managing ITS projects.