The Instructional Media Centers (IMC) North and South have a number of options for editing or copying audio.
- CD and DVD duplication (North and South) - A free-standing tower duplicator is available to make up to six copies of an original disc at one time. The duplication takes approximately five minutes per batch. The unit can copy data discs, audio CDs, and video DVDs. (ITS does not support or condone using this resource to duplicate copyrighted materials.)
- Cassette duplication (North only) - The high-speed cassette duplicator can copy both sides of a 90-minute tape in five minutes. Please note that these duplicates are not stereo and you should not use a tape longer than 90 minutes.
- Video/Audio Lab (North only) - This facility allows you to combine audio from multiple sources for more involved projects. The equipment available includes:
- Two cassette recorders
- One CD player
- One CD recorder
- One broadcast quality turntable
- One 1/4" reel-to-reel recorder
- One minidisc recorder
- Two S-VHS VCRs
- Multiple broadcast quality microphones
- One audio workstation running Adobe Audition
You can mix almost any combination of these sources to CD, cassette, reel-to-reel, minidisc, the audio workstation or a VHS video tape. This resource requires approximately 10 minutes of instruction to get you up and running with simple projects, so book time in advance.
To reserve the video/audio lab in advance, call 314-977-2919 and press 1 at the voice menu. For more information, contact the IT Service Desk at 314-977-4000 or visit the IT Service Desk page for a complete listing of service desk locations and contact information.