Greek Standards Board
The Greek Standards Board (GSB) at Saint Louis University is a judiciary board composed of undergraduate students throughout our Greek Community.
The purpose of the board is to resolve disputes that involve fraternities and sororities and Greek members. Also, the GSB strives to provide a positive atmosphere in which the values and standards of Greek Life are upheld. The Greek Community at Saint Louis University holds our members to a higher level of accountability and ethical responsibility. The GSB will hold each chapter accountable for the behavior of its individual members. The Greek Standards Board is not intended to parallel the legal system. We strive to be educational in our outcomes, not simply to discipline and punish.
Want to Get Involved?
Serving as a chapter representative on the Greek Standards Board is a wonderful opportunity for any students interested in future law or student affair careers, or students who want to be actively involved in the Greek community decision process. The application process occurs in the Spring semester of the academic school year. Members of the GSB are required to attend all meetings. The board meets weekly on Fridays, from 3 pm - 5 pm for trainings, hearings, and any other business to be discussed.
Requirements of Greek Standards Board Representatives:
- Applicants must be in good standing with their chapter.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must be in good Disciplinary Standing, which will be verified by the Program Coordinators of Fraternity and Sorority Life and the Office of Student Conduct.
- Applicants must have been an initiated member of their chapter for a minimum of one semester.
- Applicants must have their chapter president's approval to apply for the board
- If a member would like to remain on the board, they must fill out an intent-to-return application.
- All selected members must attend a training session each semester.
Interested in More Information? Check Out:
Questions can be directed to Brittany Booth, Graduate Assistant in the Student Involvement Ceenter, at 314-977-2805.