- Dental Education
To more effectively meet the educational needs of stakeholders that are relevant to the mission of the continuing dental education program at the Center for Advanced Dental Education, we will:
- Plan continuing dental education activities in accordance with the current Essential Areas and Policies of the American Dental Association Continuing Education Recognition Program.
- Design continuing dental education activities using educational methods and technology appropriate for the accomplishment of activity objectives.
- Implement continuing dental education activities by utilizing standardized procedures for planning, approval, implementation and evaluation.
- Evaluate the educational effectiveness of each individual continuing dental education activity based upon the established objectives and identified needs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the overall program of continuing dental education relative to the Educational Mission of Saint Louis University Center for Advanced Dental Education.
- Operate the CDE program within an organizational framework that optimizes administrative effectiveness, emphasizes a commitment to service and demonstrates responsible use of institutional resources. Periodically re-evaluate the mission and strategic goals of the program.
The essential mission in continuing dental education is to engage in those educational activities that facilitate the maintenance and upgrading of the skills, knowledge, technology and competence of the practicing dentist or dental professional related to optimal dental health care delivery. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Updating skills, knowledge and technology
- Providing clinical and practice management instruction
- Introducing the functions of various dental health professionals and the role of the interdisciplinary team
- Certifying/affirming basic and advanced dental skills
- Developing appropriate dental-patient relationships
- Developing and enhancing teaching skills
The Continuing Dental Education program at Saint Louis University Center for Advanced Dental Education strives to initiate and encourage lifelong learning habits in its graduate, postgraduate, faculty, staff, community dentists and other allied dental health care professionals.
The success of a continuing education event is determined by effective planning. Therefore you are encouraged to contact Mary Anderson at 314-977-8603 as early in the process as possible.