- International Students
International Prospects, Applicants and Students
Information for prospective, admitted and current students from around the world
Welcome to the International Page for Graduate programs at Saint Louis University. In addition to the Application Requirements to our programs, these items are needed from international applicants:
- Only original, official transcripts or marksheets are acceptable. Those documents must bear the imprinted seal of the institution and the signature of the person who is responsible for the authenticity. Photostat and copies of the documents will not be accepted. If only one set of the materials exists, then you should take them to a U.S. Embassy or Consulate Office, have the copies made and notarized there by the United States official who can certify that the documents are true facsimiles. International applications can obtain official translations from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES).
- Photostats, copies and personal reports of the GRE, and/or other test results such as the GMAT and TOEFL or IELTS scores, are also unacceptable. When you take one of these tests, you are permitted to designate several universities to receive official score reports. If you did not initially request that Saint Louis University receive your scores, follow the instructions from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to have an additional report forwarded to this University. Please Note: Saint Louis University is asking international applicants to submit their test scores electronically. Saint Louis University's institutional code is: 6629.
- Complete a Declaration of Financial Support packet with all accompanying documents.
- Applicants are required to submit the application fee of USD 55 without exception.
Saint Louis University has partnered with International Skill Verification Services (ISVS) to interview applicants from the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam. Your participation in the ISVS International Study Candidate Assessment Process (ISCAP) will enable us to provide greater consistency in evaluations and deliver faster and more efficient response times for admissions and scholarship decisions. SLU, therefore, strongly suggests that all applicants from the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam register and complete the ISCAP. The ISCAP interview and writing assignment is conducted online. You may participate in the ISCAP using a recent laptop computer from any private place with a strong Internet connection. The ISCAP is a guided interview-based process that requires no specific preparation. It is designed to give universities a better sense of your spoken English and ad hoc English writing skills, as well as give you the opportunity to powerfully share who you are with us. Please visit the ISVS website for more information and to schedule your interview.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
- The International Services web site at Saint Louis University
- Phone, fax or e-mail the International Services
- ESL -- English as a Second Language Program
- The English Proficiency Policy for Graduate Admission at SLU
- Interactive PDF: Declaration of Finances
- Estimated Academic, Living Expenses for International Students
- Resources for International Students and Visiting Faculty