Tutoring sessions and writing consultations can be arranged through SLU Appointments, which is accessible through mySLU portal.
Our services are designed for undergraduate SLU students. There is a limit to 1 one-hour appointment per day per subject/assignment. We recommend no more than 2 appointments per week to make sure other students may access services and that you utilize additional resources (like faculty office hours, Teaching Assistants, study groups, etc.). Excessive appointments will be cancelled and students will be notified.
If you have never used the SLU Appointments feature:
1. Visit mySLU and enter your Slu ID and password.
2. Click "Tools" tab.
3. Click on SLU Appointment icon.
4. For tutoring, select Tutoring Services and "make an appointment," where you will see the classes you are enrolled and for which we offer tutoring. If you do not see any courses, please review our available tutoring courses. In some cases, we do not have tutoring available for the classes in which you are enrolled.
For writing, select Writing Services and "make an appointment."
5. Select on your preferred days and times, then click search.
6. Select the desired appointment.
7. Please take notice of your appointment date, time, and the location.
8. You will receive a confirmation via slu email.
Need to cancel an appointment?
Should you need to cancel your appointment, go back to SLU Appointments and click to cancel appointment. You are expected to cancel any tutoring or writing session that you will not be able to attend. Failure to cancel before the scheduled meeting time will result in a "no-show." After 3 no-shows, you will be blocked out from making appointments for the remainder of the semester.
Need further assistance?
Student Success Centers
Busch Student Center, BSC 331 (314)977-3484
School of Nursing Building, room 114 (314)977-8992