- Majors & Degrees
- Traditional Four-Year Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (TBSN)
- Accelerated One-Year Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Accelerated Master's of Science in Nursing (AMSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Practitioner (MSN-NP)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Clinical Nurse Leader (MSN-CNL)
- Post-Master's Nurse Practitioner Certificate (Post-MSN NP Certificate)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Post-Baccalaureate (BSN to DNP)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Post-Master's (MSN to DNP)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)
We are accepting applications for the fall 2015 AMSN program. Although the application deadline is July 1, 2015, we encourage students to apply and have all supporting documents in as soon as possible as space is limited. The application process for the Accelerated Master's in Nursing requires careful planning in order to ensure that all admission requirements are met. Please follow the steps outlined below:
- Complete the online graduate application. A completed application includes:
- Application and $55 application fee.
- Official transcripts from every college/university attended. Students who have completed college credits outside of the U.S. must submit an official evaluated transcript from an accredited credential evaluation service (WES or ECE). Please see mailing address below:
- Saint Louis University
One North Grand Blvd., Suite 150
St. Louis, MO 63103
- Saint Louis University
- Two letters of recommendation. Recommendations should be from recent supervisors, community leaders, former faculty, etc. (Note: The recommendation letters are submitted electronically. You will enter the name and email address of your contacts within the application. Once you submit your application an email will be sent to your contacts with directions to submit the recommendation letter via email.)
- A personal statement which delineates your background, leadership potential, and anticipated nursing career trajectory immediately after graduation plus five years post-graduation as well as why you have decided upon this trajectory.
- Contact our Recruitment Specialist, Scott Ragsdale, at 314-977-8995 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an unofficial transcript review. A review of your official transcripts will be conducted when the application, all official transcripts, personal statement, resume, and letters of recommendation are received. For information about course equivalencies, please see the University's webpage located here.
- Complete any required prerequisite courses. All course descriptions should be submitted to the Accelerated Master's of Science in Nursing program for approval prior to enrollment to ensure that a particular course will be accepted. All prerequisites must be completed prior to beginning the Accelerated Master's of Science in Nursing program. Submit official transcripts to the AMSN program as prerequisite courses are completed.
- After acceptance and prior to enrollment, submit a completed Student Health Record, proof of updated immunizations and TB screening, and a copy of your card from a completed American Heart Association Health Care Provider Course.
- File the current academic year's FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Please click here to view School of Nursing scholarship opportunities. AMSN students should pay special attention to the General Graduate, AMSN Robert Wood Johnson, and Nurse Corps Loan Repayment program (Nurse Corps program is located in external opportunities).