Exploring Leadership for the College Student (SOC 101)
The focus and purpose of this for-credit academic course is to provide students with an introductory framework in leadership development theory. It is meant to encourage students to explore the leadership process and develop one's own leadership philosophy. The course is designed to be interactive and thought provoking while encouraging self-assessment and value development.
- Understand and apply the Relational Leadership Model
- Increase self-awareness through the exploration of values, beliefs, culture, and identity
- Explore the influence of values and ethics in the leadership process.
- Learn the basics of group roles, dynamics, and decision making in order to function constructively in group settings.
- Compare and contrast traditional and emergent paradigms of leadership.
- Create productive peer relationships.
- Engage in a positive, inclusive learning experience where all students are challenged and supported.
When: Spring Semester, Tuesdays from 2:15-3:30 p.m.
Open to: All students, all experience levels, any major
Credit hours: 1