- Democracy Across Borders: From Demos to Demoi :MIT Press, 2007.
- Public Deliberation: Pluralism, Complexity, and Democracy. Cambridge: MIT Press: 1996/2000.
- "Democracy and the Epistemic Benefits of Diversity," Episteme 3:3 (2007), 175-190
- "Ethics as Moral Inquiry: Dewey on the Moral Psychology of Social Reform" in Cambridge Companion to John Dewey, ed. M. Cochran (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010), 187-210.
- "Living without Freedom: Democracy and the Cosmopolitan Constitution," Political Theory
- "Deliberative Democracy, Liberalism, Reasons that All Can Accept,"Journal of Political Philosophy