Student Educational Services (SES) takes a holistic approach to student advising that involves understanding the students' academic and social needs as a foundation for developing strong, personal connections.
This professional, proactive approach to academic advising begins with students prior to their freshman term during the Billiken Bridge to Success program. SES advisors stay in frequent contact with students to establish the familiarity and trust that encourages timely feedback on educational progress and allows advisors to conduct assessments and help students set goals.
SES advisors work with students to develop successful strategies for graduation and beyond in support of Saint Louis University's Integrated Advising System.
Where to Find SES
Office Location: O'Brien Hall
Office Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
How to Make an Appointment
You can make an appointment online by following these easy steps:
- Log in to your MySLU account
- Open the tools tab
- Click on the "SLU Appointments" icon
- Select "Academic Advising" and follow the on-screen instructions to select your appointment time
- Always check in with the receptionist upon your arrival at SES
Preparing for Your Appointment
You can prepare for meeting with your advisor by:
- Determining a clear focus for the session
- Presenting your advisor with a list of pertinent questions
- Bringing appropriate materials such as your planner, calendar and syllabi
- Arriving at least five minutes early
- Scheduling, adding or dropping courses
- Your academic and personal goals
- Any issues impacting your academic progress
For more information, browse the SES academic advising links located on the left side of this page.