- Tuition, Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- SPS Scholarships
- Summer Incentive Scholarship
- Diana, Alice, Emily, and Cecelia Ippolito Healthcare Scholarship
- Lumiere Place Hospitality Scholarship
- Hospitality Industry Advisory Board Scholarship
- Anne Haltenhof Project Management Scholarship
- Steven and Diana Ippolito Scholarship
- New Student Incentive Scholarship
- New Student Commitment Scholarship
- EAB Scholarship for Servant Leadership
- Herndon Products Scholarship for Organizational Studies
- Dean's Emergency Scholarship
- Continuous Progress Scholarship
- Brandt Disability Scholarship
- Security & Strategic Intelligence Scholarship
- Doris Lee O'Donnell Memorial Scholarship
- Larry L. Cockell Security & Strategic Intelligence Scholarship Fund
- Latisha Barefield Memorial Scholarship
- Additional Financing Sources
- External Financial Aid Resources
- Recruiter Incentive Program
- Financial Aid Feedback Form
- Deferred Payment
- Tuition Remission
- Financial Literacy and Resources
Dean's Emergency Scholarship
The Dean's Emergency Scholarship is intended for students who are confronted with an emergency financial need that, if not met, could result in an inability to complete classes or a degree program. Students who will be considered for this scholarship should fall within one of the following categories:
- Students who have exhausted financial aid resources (including Federal aid programs through FAFSA) and an outstanding balance still remains on the student's account.
- Students who are confronted with an unexpected personal crisis that has caused them to become unable to meet their college financial obligations (examples may include loss of a job, death of an immediate family member, natural disaster, pending eviction or home foreclosure, burglary, or fire).
Amount varies based on need and available funds. Typically, 1-2 awards ranging from $750 to $1500 will be awarded each SPS term.
Do You Qualify?
To be eligible for the Dean's Emergency Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Ensure official copies of all necessary college, high school and/or GED transcripts have been received by the application deadline.
- Completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Completed math and/or English placement tests as necessary.
- Submit a 300 word essay explaining your need for this emergency scholarship.
- Receive less than the equivalent of 9 credit hours ($5400) in tuition assistance per year (exclusive of aid received through the FAFSA, such as federal loans or grants).
- Currently registered for the term for which you are applying.
To apply for this scholarship, qualified students should:
- Fill out and submit the below application by the deadline. For the current list of scholarship deadlines, click here.
- Meet all requirements described above.
- Include the essay described above.
- Include documentation to support your need, if applicable.
School for Professional Studies (SPS) scholarships are awarded to qualified students enrolled in a program issued by SPS. The number and profile of applicants will vary by term; consequently, a student may be awarded a scholarship one term/semester, but not the next. SLU employees and/or family members who qualify for SLU tuition remission are not eligible to receive SPS scholarships. The scholarships are not cash refundable and are applied directly to the cost of tuition for the term awarded. Receipt of an SPS scholarship is contingent upon successful completion of the enrolled courses each term. Students who withdraw from courses may be subject to forfeiture of all monies awarded by SPS.