University Inaugurates First Lay President in its Nearly 200-Year History
It was a historic day for Saint Louis University on Oct. 3, as nearly 2,500 people came together in Chaifetz Arena to celebrate the inauguration of SLU's new president Fred P. Pestello, Ph.D.
A Roman Catholic and Jesuit educated, Pestello is the first permanent lay leader in the University's 196-year history — a fact that was not lost on many of the speakers at Friday's event.
>> Read more
• Dr. Fred P. Pestello Named President of Saint Louis University
• A letter from President-elect Pestello
• Thank you, Father Biondi
• Sept. 30, 2013: Presidential Search Update
• Oct. 1, 2013: Letter from Presidential Search Chair
• Oct. 29, 2013: Presidential Search Update
• Presidential Search Website
• Saint Louis University Calendar of Events | Newslink | Announcements
Dissertation DefensesThe schedule will be updated throughout the term.
- Seyed Mahdi Hassanian Mehr a PhD candidate in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology will be defending his dissertation, Adenosine and Poly phosphate are Key Modulators of Inflammation, on December 18, 2014 at 11 am in the Doisy Research Center 9th floor.
- William F. McGehee a PhD candidate in Public Policy Analysis will be defending his dissertation, Barriers to the Adoption of the Physicians Quality Reporting System in Physical Therapy Practices, on December 19, 2014 at 10 am in McGannon Hall 144.
- Omolara Fyle-Thorpe a PhD candidate in Nursing will be defending her dissertation, The experiences of low income African-American fathers with Parenting and depressive symptoms, on January 29, 2015 at 1:00 pm in the School of Nursing room 541.
The Saint Louis University Board of Trustees has elected Board member Joseph ("Joe") Conran to be its next chairman, effective at the December Board meeting. At that time, current Chairman Joe Adorjan will become Chairman Emeritus and will remain on the Board. Patrick Sly will continue to serve as Vice Chairman of the Board.
Also . . .
The Doisy College of Health Sciences is proud to announce the Department of Physical and Athletic Training was awarded a bid by the World Federation of Athletic Training and Therapy (WFATT) to host its World Congress on the Saint Louis University campus on June 20-22, 2015.
Also . . .
The Reading List: Online reports on college, careers and more
Articles and information from the World Wide Web
"From school to work to school again: the changing face of graduate education" (First in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)
"The financial burden of graduate education" (Second in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)
"Successful job hunt means returning to basics " (Third, and final, in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)