Thank you, Father Biondi
Lawrence Biondi, S.J., retired as president of Saint Louis University on Sept. 1, 2013, after 26 years. He is the longest serving president in the University's nearly 200-year history. Now president emeritus, he is enjoying a yearlong sabbatical, during which he will continue his efforts to build national and international support for Saint Louis University.
Before coming to the University, Biondi had been a professor, a department chairman and a dean. But perhaps he will be best known as the visionary president and founder of the modern SLU. | Read more
• Sept. 30, 2013: Presidential Search Update
• Oct. 1, 2013: Letter from Presidential Search Chair
• Oct. 29, 2013: Presidential Search Update
• Presidential Search Website
• Saint Louis University Calendar of Events | Newslink | Announcements
The schedule will be updated throughout the term.
- Jessica Chou, a Ph.D. candidate in Family Therapy, will defend her dissertation, "Social Support as a Protective Factor for Pre-Migration Experience, Acculturative Stress, and Post-Migration Health," on Wednesday, December 11 at 9:00 a.m. in the Clinical Conference Room of Fitzgerald Hall.
- Andrew C Russell, a Ph.D. candidate in Historical Theology, will defend his dissertation, "None of Self, and All of Thee: The Keswick Movement at Home and Abroad" on Thursday, December 12 at 1:00 p.m. in Boileau Hall.
- Erin Solomon, a Ph.D. candidate in Experimental, Social Psychology, will defend her dissertation, "Back in the Good Old Days: Investigating the Relationship between Political Ideology and Time Perspective," on Monday, December 16 at 1:00 p.m. in Room 203 of Shannon Hall.
- Yuming Zhou, a Ph.D. candidate in Geophysics, will defend his dissertation, "Crustal Structure of the Tibetan Plateau and Its Surrounding from Receiver Function Studies," on Monday December 16 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 206 of O'Neil Hall.
- Miao Zhang, a Ph.D. candidate in Chemistry, will defend his dissertation, "Application of Photochemically Generated Reactive Intermediates: Atomic Oxygen O(3P) and Ketyl Radical Anion," on Wednesday, December 18 at 12:00 p.m. in Room 119 of Ritter Hall.
- Kerry Michelle Bommarito, a Ph.D. candidate in Public Health Studies, Epidemiology, will defend her dissertation, "The Impact of Chorioamnionitis on Maternal Morbidity," on Thursday, December 19 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 408, the Glass Conference Room in Salus Center.
- Katie M. Heiden Rootes, a Ph.D. candidate in Family Therapy, will defend her dissertation, "Parental Cultural Competence for Transracial Adoptive Parents' Effect of Experiences of Oppression, Perceived Support, and Multicultural Experiences," on Thursday, December 19 at 12:00 p.m. in Room 123 of Fitzgerald Hall.
The Honorable Michael Wolff Selected as Dean of School of Law
A current SLU LAW faculty member, Wolff brings an established record of leadership to his new role, having served 13 years on the Missouri Supreme Court and as its Chief Justice from 2005-2007.
Also . . .
Center for Global Citizenship: Making a World of Different
As Saint Louis University's international reputation grows, so has the global presence on its St. Louis campus. This May, the University opened its $8 million Center for Global Citizenship, located in the newly renovated West Pine Gym.
Also . . .
The Reading List: Online reports on college, careers and more
Articles and information from the World Wide Web
"Soccer league thankful to play for championship on new SLU field" (from STLtoday.com/St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
"From school to work to school again: the changing face of graduate education" (First in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)
"The financial burden of graduate education" (Second in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)
"Successful job hunt means returning to basics " (Third, and final, in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)