Student Service Desk Technical Support
The ITS student service desk provides support for you via telephone, e-mail, walk-in and Google Chat. We can be reached by calling 977-4000, extension 2, or email/chat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staffed by two full-time ITS employees and a talented group of student interns, the student service desk provides services such as:
- Account Assistance
- Basic Computer Assistance and Troubleshooting
- SLU Global powered by Blackboard Learn Support
- Google Email Assistance
- Hardware and Software Discounts and Sales
- Internet Troubleshooting
- Multimedia Services
- Password Reset
- Software Sales
- Symantec EndPoint Installation
- Virus Removal
- Wired Configuration
- Wireless Configuration
- Students are responsible for the maintenance of their personal equipment. Advice will be provided when services needed are outside our scope of support.
- In the event that a service request cannot be handled immediately, preliminary troubleshooting will be performed to determine the appropriate resolution. In some cases service requests will be assigned to other support groups for completion.
- Students who are experiencing hard drive failure, software failure or other serious computer-related problems are encouraged to contact the manufacturer of their computer for warranty-related service or other off-campus vendors for repair. University policy does not allow installing or repairing operating systems or hardware installation repair.
- Hardware repair services are NOT available on any computer .