- Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction
Seeking Tutors and Supplemental Instruction Leaders
The 2013-14 tutoring and Supplemental Instruction leader positions are currently filled.
The Student Success Center is now recruiting for the 2014-15 tutors and SI leaders. Application materials are due March 7, 2014.
What are the benefits of becoming a tutor or SI leader?
• Gain valuable, professional experiences!
• Continue to develop your understanding of important subject material while helping your peers.
• Give back to the SLU community.
• Balance your academics through convenient, on-campus employment. (Tutors are hired for both Frost and Medical Center campuses)
What are the requirements of becoming a tutor or SI leader?
• Have (at least) a 3.0 in the subject area(s) to be tutored and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• Faculty Recommendation.
• Attend training on Saturday, August 23, 2014 (from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
• Participate in In-Service trainings or projects (2 per semester).
• Act as an academic role model.
• Encourage and support your peers!
Preference for SI and tutor positions will be given to undergraduate students who have taken at least one semester of classes at Saint Louis University. We typically do not hire graduate students.
How to apply:
The application process has two parts.
You are responsible for completing the application and securing a faculty recommendation. Both the application and faculty recommendation are due by Friday, March 7, 2014. You are responsible for ensuring your faculty member submitted the recommendation form.
A paper version of the application and recommendation form are available. Please contact Megan Lucsko (Coordinator of Academic Support) for a copy.
Check out the full job descriptions: