Seeking Tutors and Supplemental Instruction Leaders
The 2012-13 tutoring and Supplemental Instruction leader positions are currently filled.
The Student Success Center is now recruiting for the 2013-14 tutors and SI leaders. Application materials are due March 22, 2013.
What are the benefits of becoming a tutor or SI leader?
- Gain valuable, professional experiences!
- Continue to develop your understanding of important subject material while helping your peers.
- Give back to the SLU community.
- Balance your academics through convenient, on-campus employment. (Tutors are hired for both Frost and Medical Center campuses)
What are the requirements of becoming a tutor or SI leader?
- Have (at least) a 3.0 in the subject area(s) to be tutored and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Faculty Recommendation.
- Attend training on Saturday, August 24, 2013 (from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
- Participate in In-Service trainings or projects (2 per semester).
- Act as an academic role model.
- Encourage and support your peers!
Preference for SI and tutor positions will be given to undergraduate students who have taken at least one semester of classes at Saint Louis University. We typically do not hire graduate students.
How to apply:
The application process has two parts.
- Electronic application through SLU Groups (you must sign into your SLU Groups account in order to access this form)
- Faculty Recommendation form
You are responsible for completing the application and securing a faculty recommendation. You are also responsbile for completing the application and submitting the faculty recommendation form by Friday, March 22, 2013. The faculty recommendation should be submitted to the Student Success Center (BSC suite 331).
Check out the full job descriptions:
Questions may be directed to Kelly Herbolich, Coordinator of Academic Support, at firstname.lastname@example.org.