Dr. Martin Nikolo
Associate Professor [tenured]
Department of Physics
College of Arts and Sciences
Saint Louis University
St. Louis, MO 63103, USA.
phone: (314) 977-2530
Doctor of Philosophy in Physics, University of Colorado, Boulder, May 1991
Master of Science in Physics, University of Colorado, Boulder, August 1987
Master of Engineering in Engineering Physics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, August 1995
Bachelor of Science in Physics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, May 1984
- 1996-1999: Tenured Associate Professor of Physics, St. Louis University
- 1991-1996: Assistant Professor of Physics, St. Louis University
- 1994 St. Louis University Young Researcher Award
- Autobiographical sketch in the 4th edition of Marquis's Who is Who in Science and Engineering
- Citation index shows my work has been cited in over 150 publications in more than 25 countries
- M. Nikolo, X. Shi2, J. Jiang, J.D. Weiss, E.E. Hellstrom, "Magneto-transport properties, thermally activated flux flow and activation energies in Ba(Fe0.95 Ni0.05)2As2 and Ba(Fe0.94 Ni0.06)2As2 superconductors", submitted to Physica C, Dec. 2013.
- M. Nikolo, X. Shi, E.S. Choi, J. Jiang, J.D. Weiss, E.E. Hellstrom, "Magneto-transport properties and thermally activated ﬂux ﬂow in Ba(Fe0.91Co0.09)2As2 superconductor", submitted to J. of Physics-Condens. Matt., Dec. 2013.
- M. Nikolo, Superconductivity: A guide to ac susceptibility measurements and ac susceptibility design, Am. J. Physics, 63, 57 (1995).
- M. Nikolo, L. M. Stacey, and M. J. Missey, Induced voltage magnetization waveforms and the spectral response at the grain boundaries of YBCO superconductors and the Critical State Model, Solid State Comm., 94, 997 (1995).
- M. Nikolo, L. M. Stacey, and M. J. Missey, Critical state model and ac susceptibility of high temperature superconductors, Physica B 194-196, 1875 (1994).
- M. Nikolo, Intergranular activation energies in YBa2Cu3O7 bulk superconductors, Physica B 194-196, 2129 (1994).
- M. Nikolo, L. M. Stacey, M. J. Missey, Frequency and magnetic field dependence of the ac susceptibility peak in YBa2Cu3O7, Appl. Physics Comm. 13, #1 (1994).
- M. Nikolo, Intergranular activation energies in YBa2Cu3O7 bulk superconductors-II, Appl. Physics Comm. 13 #2 (1994).
M. Nikolo and M. J. Missey, Frequency dependent flux dynamics: Flux creep hopping rate via ac susceptibility, Physica C, 235-240, 2899 (1994).
- M. Nikolo, Flux dynamics in high temperature superconductors, Superconductor Science and Technology 6, 618 (1993).
- S. M. Nikolo, W. Kiel, H. M. Duan, and A. M. Hermann, Flux creep activation energies In Tl-Ba-Ca-Cu-O crystals, Phys. Rev. B 45, 5641 (1992).
- M. Nikolo and A. M. Hermann, High-field ac susceptometer design for single crystal measurements, Susceptibility of Superconductors and Other Spin Systems, edited by R. A. Hein, Plenum Press, New York, 553 (1992).
- K.-H. Muller, M. Nikolo, and R. Driver, Flux pinning at grain boundaries in Bi-(Pb)-Sr-Ca-Cu-O ceramic superconductors, Phys. Rev. B 43, 7976 (1991).
- K.-H. Muller, M. Nikolo, N. Savvides, and R. Driver, Ac susceptibility of high-temperature ceramic superconductors: critical state and creep at grain boundaries and in grains, Advances in Superconductivity III, Proceed. of the 3rd International Symposium on Superconductivity (ISS'90), November 6-9, 1990, Sendai, Japan, Springer-Verlag Tokyo 1991.
- M. Nikolo, Density and texture dependence of grain coupling in sintered Y-Ba-Cu-O superconductors, Physics and Materials Science of High Temperature Superconductors, Edited by R. Kossowsky, NATO ASI Series, Kluver Academic Publishers, Dordrecht/Boston/London, 711 (1990).
- M. Nikolo, Pinning mechanisms and pinning sites in high-Tc superconductors-a review, Appl. Phys. Comm. 10, 1&2, 143 (1990).
- M. Nikolo and R. B. Goldfarb, Flux creep and activation energies at the grain boundaries of Y-Ba-Cu-O superconductors, Phys. Rev. B 39, 6615 (1989).
- M. Nikolo and R. B. Goldfarb, Flux creep activation energies at the grain boundaries of Y-Ba-Cu-O superconductors, Proc. of the 6th Japan-US Workshop on High-Field Superconducting Materials and Standard Procedures for High-Field Superconducting Materials Testing, Boulder, Colorado, Feb. 22-24, 1989, 75, ed. K. Tachikawa, published by U. S. Department of Energy (1989).
- M. Nikolo and M. J. Missey, Frequency dependent flux dynamics: Flux creep and ac susceptibility, Fourth Nordic Symposium on Superconductivity, May 25-28, 1994, Varberg, Sweden, 59, published by Chalmers University of Technology, and Goteborg University (1994).