- Use advanced knowledge of mid-range and translational theories from nursing and other disciplines as a framework for advanced nursing practice.
- Critically examine research and scholarship to support evidence-based clinical practice.
- Exemplify ethical principles in the delivery of comprehensive health care.
- Formulate strategies to maximize health in patient populations.
- Develop clinical competence for advanced practice that provides consumers with primary, secondary, and/or tertiary health care.
- Use technology and information to improve the health care.
- Apply principles of epidemiology, biostatistics, and environmental sciences to recognized populations at risk, patterns of disease, and effectiveness of prevention and intervention.
- Apply current knowledge of organizations and financing of the health care system to improve the outcomes of care.
- Design and implement processes to evaluate outcomes and systems for health care delivery.
- Use business and management strategies for the provision of quality care and efficient use of resources.
- Use advanced communication and leadership skills with interprofessional health care teams to create and evaluate health care delivery systems.
- Influence health policy at institutional, local, state, and national levels.