The Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy (OSOT) department at Saint Louis University admits both internal and external transfer students; students currently enrolled in another program at SLU and students with enrollment at another college or university.
Level of entry is based on the amount of prerequisite course completion.
Sophomore Level: The program reserved 5-10 seats per academic year for qualified sophomore transfer students. Entry occurs at the beginning of either the Fall or Spring term.
Junior Level:The OSOT program reserves 1-5 seats per academic year for qualified junior transfer students. Entry occurs at the beginning of the Fall term.
- Become very familiar with the program's website
- Internal transfer students meet with her/his Academic Advisor for coursework review and eligibility
- External transfer students meet with an Office of Admissions Transfer Advisor to learn about applying to the University and for coursework review and eligibility
- After becoming acquainted with the website and meeting with an Advisor, attend a Transfer Student Information Meeting
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA
- Minimum 25 hours of observation in a variety of settings
- 500 word personal essay describing your knowledge of and experience in the profession
- The essay, accepted in paper form only, should be mailed to:
Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
Doisy College of Health Sciences
3437 Caroline St.
Allied Health Professions Building, Suite 2020
St. Louis, MO 63104
- Students applying for Spring Semester 2014
- August 15-September 15: Spring semester applications accepted
- September 15-30: Student interviews with the Departmental Admissions Committee
- October 1: Admission decisions submitted to the Student Success Center (internal transfer students) or the Office of Admissions (external transfer students
- Students applying for Fall Semester 2014
- January 15-February 15: Fall semester applications accepted
- February 15-28: Student interviews with the Departmental Admissions Committee
- March 1: Admissions decisions submitted to the Student Success Center (internal transfer students) or the Office of Admissions (external transfer students