- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Dual degree programs
- Executive MHA
- Master of Health Administration
- Public health degrees
- Emergency Management
- Health Management
- Public Health
- Master of Public Health
- Behavioral Science and Health Education
- Biosecurity and Disaster Preparedness
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Global Health
- Health Management and Policy
- Maternal and Child Health
- Public Health Practice
- MPH joint concentrations
- MS in Biosecurity and Disaster Preparedness
- MS in Behavioral Science and Health Education
- MS in Public Health
- PhD in Public Health Studies
- Social work degrees
Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice
MPH-Public Health Practice Curriculum
Students in dual degree programs will have a curriculum that varies from the one below.
MPH Core Curriculum
The minimum total credit-hours required is 42.
This Master of Public Health program is designed for public health, health care and social service professionals who are seeking to increase their competency in public health practice.
This degree is perfect for practitioners in public health, health care and social service who have specialized knowledge in their fields and desire a greater understanding of the principles of population health and the technical skills that are the foundation of public health practice. Students who graduate with this degree will gain a greater understanding of the overall field of public health as they develop specific skills and enhance their administrative and leadership abilities.
Dual Degree Options
- Law: MPH-HMP with Juris Doctor
- Medicine: MPH Doctor of Medicine
- Nutrition/Dietetics: MPH with MS
- Social Work: MPH with MSW
SLU graduates are employed all over the nation and internationally in a wide variety of settings and positions. Some of the career paths in public health include:
- Department of Health Administrator
- Public Health Consultant
- Outreach Specialist
Our faculty are internationally recognized as leaders in the field of public health and have active research in areas such as:
- Health Communication
- Injury Prevention
- Health Disparities
- Cultural Competence
- Equitable Access
- Public Health Practice
Visit our Graduate Admission page for more information on application requirements and deadlines.
Download our MPH-Public Health Practice Fact Sheet
Register today for an upcoming preview day to visit SLU's campus and meet with faculty nd current students.
If you'd like more information about SLU's MPH in Public Health Practice, fill out our information request form to contact our office of admission.
Applications are now being accepted for the fall semester. If you're ready to get started, apply now.