- Undergraduate Degrees
- Master's Degrees
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Social Work
- MS in Applied Behavior Analysis
- MS in Biosecurity and Disaster Preparedness
- MS in Criminology and Professional Practice
- MS in Public Health
- PhD in Public Health Studies
- PhD in Social Work
- Certificate Programs
Master of Health Administration (MHA)
SLU MHA Faculty and Teaching Interests
• Jason S. Turner, Ph.D., M.A.E.: Community stakeholders and nonprofit hospitals
Associate Program Director
• Kevin Broom, Ph.D.: Health care finance
• Keith Elder, Ph.D., M.P.H., M.P.A., Department Chair; Health policy; Organizational behavior; Research methods; Health care ethics; Health care issues; Managerial epidemiology
• Dan Bustillos J.D., Ph.D.: Health disparities in health care
• Michael A. Counte, Ph.D.: Strategic Management, Quality Improvement in Healthcare Organizations
• Kanak S. Gautam, Ph.D., M.B.A.: Mangement of healthcare organizations; Management of human resources in healthcare; Healthcare supply chain management
• Mark Gaynor, Ph.D.: Health Information Systems
• Kathleen Gillespie, Ph.D.: Economic Evaluation; Health Economics; Health Economics and Policy; Public Health Issues in Emegency Management; Economic Evaluation, Health Economics and Policy, Analytical Methods for Health Management
• Louise Meret-Henke, Ph.D.: Health Care Organization, Contemporary Challenges in the U.S. Health Care System
• Jeremy Green, Ph.D.: Policy analysis; Program evaluation; Public health finance; Quantitative methods
• Steven W. Howard, Ph.D. M.B.A.: Health Care Organization, Health Care Marketing
• James R. Kimmey, M.D., M.P.H.: Health policy
• Cynthia LeRouge, Ph.D., C.P.A.:Health Information Systems, Project Management, Applied HealthCare Projects, Public Health Informatics
• Ronald J. Levy, M.H.A.: Health care Organization, Management of Healthcare Organizations
• Ana Maria Turner Lomperis, Ph.D.: Policy implications of changes in the size, composition and distribution of the U.S. health sector workforce and on effective strategies for improving health
• Kevin M. Syberg, Dr.Ph., M.P.H.: Effectiveness and placement and program evaluation
• Kristin Wilson, Ph.D., M.H.A.: Health Policy; Management of Health Care Organizations; Organization of Health Services and Health Policy for Community Benefit; Health Operations Management
• Suzanne Wood, Ph.D.: Strategic management of health care organizations
• Kathleen S. Wright, Ed.D.: Behavior change in disease prevention/health promotion
CAHME Accredited Master of Health Administration Program
Ana Maria Lomperis, PhD, discusses Health Administration at SLU
Ranked among the top ten graduate programs for healthcare management by U.S. News & World Report
Saint Louis University's Master of Health Administration (MHA) program provides students with the finest-quality health management education available. Ranked as one of the top graduate programs for health care management by U.S. News & World Report and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME), the MHA program provides a practice-integrated education that transforms talented, service-motivated students into knowledgeable, ethical professionals prepared for a range of management careers across the health sector.
A pioneer in health management education since 1947, our excellence in teaching, research and service continues as the curriculum and faculty support the development of the skills needed to manage and administer health services at all levels of healthcare. In keeping with our Jesuit mission, the program places unique emphasis on healthcare ethics and delivering compassionate healthcare.
SLU offers a blended, online EMHA program for busy managers and clinicians. Learn more.
The demand for highly-skilled health care management professionals continues to grow. Health care is the largest industry in the U.S. and the second largest employer, providing more than 11 million jobs. Opportunities for graduates exist throughout the world, in locations ranging from small rural communities to large metropolitan areas.
SLU MHA graduates occupy senior management positions in a variety of health care settings, such as health and hospital systems, insurance companies, academic medical centers, physician practices, consulting firms and benefit-management organizations. Recent MHA graduates have been very successful in securing health management fellowships and other key managerial positions across the spectrum of the health sector.
In addition, our location in the city of St. Louis gives students access to one of the nation's most dynamic health care markets. St. Louis has four major health and hospital systems, two academic medical centers, the largest pharmacy benefit company in the U.S., excellent physicians and a unique model for safety net services for the under-served and uninsured.
Admission Requirements and Deadline
All applications are considered on an individual basis with a balanced approach. As a general rule, successful applicants have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.50 or higher (on a 4.00 scale), but no less than 3.00. Test scores are preferably in the 50th percentiles or higher, but there are no minimum cutoffs.
Applicants are required to complete an introductory, undergraduate-level microeconomics course before starting the program. The MHA program only accepts applications for the fall semester. The priority deadline for applications to be considered for a scholarship or graduate research assistantship is Feb. 15. Applications (SOPHAS, HAMCAS, or CollegeNet) are accepted on a rolling basis until classes are full.
Visit our Graduate Admission page for more information on application requirements and deadlines.
Graduate Dual Degree options
- Health Law: MHA with Juris Doctor: (Ranked either the #1 or #2 Health Law program in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for the last twenty years)
- Business: MHA with Business Administration (MBA): (Ranked among the top 40 graduate programs for business administration by U.S. News & World Report)
Register today for an upcoming preview day to visit SLU's campus, and meet with faculty and current students.
If you'd like more information about SLU's top ten ranked MHA program, fill out our information request form to contact our office of admission.
Applications are now being accepted for the fall semester. If you're ready to get started, apply now.