Continuation of Benefits Upon Separation of Employment
- Employee benefits end effective the last day of the month in which the employee terminates employment.
- If continuation of benefits is desired please contact the Benefits Department at (314) 977-2461.
- The Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF) separating the employee is completed by the supervisor and sent to the HRIS Office.
- The HRIS Department provides the Benefits Department a copy of the Separation EPAF.
- The Benefits Department will mail out a Cobra Letter to employees who are leaving the University upon receipt of the Separation (EPAF).
- The former employee has (60) days from the date of receipt of the Cobra Notification Letter to re-enroll in their Medical Plan under Cobra Law.
- The former employee has (45) days from the date of re-enrollment in the Medical Plan to pay all back premium payments to the Benefits Department.