Activate your SLU Net account
Your SLU Net account is your account for virtually all system access on campus, except your email.
Under the tools tab of your mySLU account provides access to a wide range of data and tools for students:
Registration and Personal information (Banner Self Services)
Billiken Bucks and Flex information (BB Community)
Student Bill and Accounts (Payment Suite)
Maintenance Request (Facilities Service Request
Your SLU Google Apps Email Account is your SLU email account SLU's Google Apps for Education system provides faculty, staff and students with greater storage capacity for e-mail, while maintaining the highest standards for safety and security (including federal guidelines for student and patient privacy)
There are three ITS owned open-use computer labs on campus and two multimedia computer labs, all of which Handicap accessible with elevators, adapted restrooms, and have wheelchair accessible stations.
Information Technology Services in conjunction with several manufactures is able to offer discounts and offers on software to students here at SLU. Currently students are able to purchase the newest MS Office for Mac or PC for $75 and download Symantec Endpoint Protect free of charge.
The mySLU is your gateway to electronic applications on campus. Providing access to People Finder, SLU Global, Banner Self-Service, student records, employee records and more
Remove all peer-to-peer software including:
If caught downloading copyrighted materials, University sanctions, civil lawsuits and criminal charges may apply.
For more information about these policies, please contact the Director of Quality Assurance at 977-1654.
Move in Day is the busiest day of the year for any building. You might want to bring the following to make your room more comfortable:
Technology items to bring:
- 15 ft. - 25 ft. Network cable (even if you planning on using are wireless)
- Security for student's laptop , either Lo-Jack or a cable lock
- All CD/diskettes for ALL the software on the computer should come to school with you! Also, all software for printers, scanners, cameras attached to the computer, etc., should be brought to school with you. All instruction books for the computer and/or any software on the computer should be brought to school with you. Be sure to have "key codes" needed to reinstall any software
- A complete backup of all software/documents on the computer should be done before bringing the computer to campus. Keep one copy at home, and bring one copy to school with you
- Warranty information including phone number of your manufacturer for technical support for the computer, printer, and any other attached equipment
Prohibited items not to bring:
- Wireless Routers
- Personal Servers
- Wireless or Cordless devices that use the 2.4GHz or 5.0 GHz
ResNet is wide Internet available to students in the Residential Halls. In order to use the ResNet, students must register their computers and have an up-to-date Anti-virus on their computer.
SLU Global is the learning management system here at SLU that is a resource provided for all students and instructors as a tool to enhance learning. SLU Global can be accessed through mySLU tools tab or directly.
SLUNet is campus wide wireless Internet available to all students, faculty and staff. In order to use the SLUNet, students must configure their laptops for the wireless.
The Tech Service Center (TSC) in the BSC offers many services including a computer lab, on-campus printing, and collaborative space. The Student Service Desk located in the back of the TSC offers technical support for students.
Located in the Busch Student Center, Room 137 the Tech Service Center and the Student Service Desk are open to serve you the student. Feel free to call, visit or chat us.
314-977-4000, opt. 2
Like us on Facebook