- Online Study Skills Workshops & Resources
Tips for Study Day
With Study Day approaching, we created a list of ideas to help make the most out of May 10.
- Map out times for your finals and create a weekly schedule.
- Make sure to schedule times to eat, exercise, and SLEEP! Do not pull an "all-nighter".
- Study during the times where you study best (for example, during the morning or afternoon might be better than in the evening).
- When studying, remember to study material for about an hour at a time and take 10-15 minute breaks.
- Create a study group with classmates!
- 4 students is an ideal study group.
- Make sure to create an agenda for your meeting.
- Divide tasks and have each individual prepare before meeting.
- Organize your notes and archive them for a future semester. Think about the future classes you will take before throwing away all of your hard work!
- Schedule a tutoring session for last minute questions.
- Tuesday, December 10 will be the last day for regular tutoring sessions.
- Brief (30-60 minute) tutoring sessions in a limited number of subjects will be available Wednesday, May 11 and Thursday, May 12. Check our online scheduler beginning Wednesday, May 4 to schedule a session.
- Finish a draft of a paper or presentation, and plan to meet with a writing consultant (and if they are booked, utilize a friend to peer review your paper!)
- Meet with a career counselor or brainstorm some internship ideas.