- MOCRA Programs & Events
- The Religious Art of Picasso
- American Arts Experience 2014
- Museum Day Live 2014
- The Economy of Gift
- American Arts Experience 2013
- Art21 at CAM
- Museum Day Live! 2013
- Campos-Pons: Rituals and Spirituality
- Breaking Boundaries: The Art of Patrick Graham
- First Fridays in Grand Center
- Dancing in the Street 2012
- Museum Day Live! 2012
- The Jewish Experience and the Haggadah
- Grand Center Art Walk 2012
- Loyola Chair Lecture 2012
- Loyola Chair Lecture 2011
- American Arts Experience 2011
- Dancing in the Street 2011
- Grand Center Art Walk 2011
- Rouault and the Art of Sacred Engagement
- SGCI Print Conference 2011
- Religious Environment and Contemporary Art
- American Arts Experience 2010
- Dancing in the Street 2010
- Grand Center Art Walk 2010
- The Wounded Body of Christ
- Day With(out) Art 2009
- Michael Byron Discusses Cosmic Tears
- 2009 Dillenberger lecture
- Dancing in the Street 2009
- Art and the Religious Imagination conference
- Wu Hung lecture: Contemporary Chinese Art
- Two Celluloid Bible Film Classics
- Michael Morris lecture & Celluloid Bible opening
- An Oskar Fischinger Tribute
- Day With(out) Art 2006
- Robert Rosenblum lecture: DoDo Jin Ming
- To Make Extraordinary: Sacred Objects
- Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment: A University Response
- Fred Gray lecture on Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment
- Thomas Sokolowski lecture: Andy Warhol's Art as Belief
- Day Without Art 2000
- Dissanayake & Renard
- Bernard Maisner: The Art of the Illuminator
- Renaissance and Modern
- The Role of the Computer in Contemporary Art
- Jennifer Biddle: Body, Country, Canvas
- Creativity as Ancestral Mind
- Steven Heilmer and John Markey dialogue
- Ian Friend lecture: The Edge of Belief
- Peter Selz lecture: Degenerate Art
- Day Without Art 1996
- Violin recital: Lynn Hague
- Day Without Art 1994
- The Spiritual in Art in the Time of AIDS
- Thomas Sokolowski on The Changing Face of AIDS
- Recital: The Amici Quartet
- Opening reception for Consecrations
- Alvin Ailey Programs
- The Artist and Sacred Space
MOCRA Programs and Events
Consecrations: The Spiritual in Art in the TIme of AIDS
This opening reception for MOCRA's major group exhibition exploring the reality of HIV and AIDS from a spiritual perspective features dance performances by three outstanding artists. Each dancer will perform a solo work in honor of those who have died of AIDS or who are living with HIV or AIDS.
Saturday, October 15, 1994 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
free and open to the public
the dance performances begin at 6:00 p.m. and will be held in Xavier Theatre, directly across the John E. Connelly Mall from MOCRA
This program is made possible by a generous grant from the Missouri Arts Council.
is a former principal dancer with Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater. He danced with the Ailey company for ten years, traveling around the world as a performer and teacher.
He spoke at MOCRA in 1993 as part of a panel discussion called "I Remember Alvin," in conjunction with the exhibition Body and Soul: The Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
An update: Danny Clark died on August 8, 1997. His wife said of him, "He touched so many lives. He was so passionate about life and beauty and God. As a dancer, his body was blessed; it was a gift, and he was a gift."
Danny Clark dancing at the opening reception for
Consecrations: The Spiritual in Art in the Time of AIDS. Photo by Jeffrey Vaughn.
For more information about Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, click here.
For more information about Pilobolus, click here.
For more information about Consecrations: The Spiritual in Art in the Time of AIDS, click here.