- Medical Student Education
- Medical Student Education Activities
- Family Medicine Residencies
- Medical Family Therapy Program
- How to Apply
- MedFT Graduate Assistantships
- Program Description
- M.A. Degrees
- Ph.D. Degree
- Center for Counseling and Family Therapy
- Relationships & Brain Sciences Research Laboratory
- Everest Fellowship
- For Preceptors & Educators
Medical Family Therapy Program
(2) 11-month appointments: One position serves as coordinator for the Center for Counseling and Family Therapy (CCFT) working under the supervision of the CCFT Director. The other position assists with the CCFT and other administrative aspects of the center and department. Both appointments provide opportunities for research, teaching, and administrative activity.
9-month appointments: These assistants will serve primarily as research assistants for faculty in the department as well as gain experience in teaching and administrative activities. All assistantships will provide opportunities for students to serve as members of research teams and be involved in data collection and management, data analysis, writing, presentations, and publications.
Graduate Assistantship Information:
- 11-month appointment: July 1 - May 31
- Tuition Remission (Summer, Fall, and Spring)
- Individual Health Coverage: 11 months
- 9-month appointment: August - May
- Tuition Remission (Fall and Spring)
- Individual Health Coverage: 9 months
Graduate Assistantship Requirements:
- Students must be or become full-time students during the period of the assistantship.
- Engage in 20 hours of work per week during the assistantship period.
- As full-time students with 20 hours/week work responsibility, Graduate Assistants may not maintain other employment.
- Attend mandatory Graduate Assistant orientation meeting.
Criteria for Selection:
- Strong academic record
- Strong computer and writing skills
- Research experience - strongly preferred but not required
- Flexibility in timing, ability to work with minimal direction, ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- How an assistantship would benefit you in your career goals
- Financial need
The deadline for submission of Graduate Assistant applications is January 15.
Graduate Assistantship Application Submission Instructions:
- Please complete the Graduate Assistantship application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Application for Assistantship followed by your Name.
- If you cannot email your application, please mail it to: MFT Program, Attn: Admission Committee, Saint Louis University, Fitzgerald Hall 010, 3500 Lindell Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63103.
If you have any questions, please contact the Medical Family Therapy Program at 314-977-7108.
Employment and Financial Support (Graduate Education site): This page lists several graduate employment and assistantship opportunities available throughout the SLU campus.
SLU Graduate Education Fellowships (Graduate Education site): This page describes internal and external fellowship opportunities for both current and prospective SLU graduate students.
Links and Resources
Graduate Assistantships at Saint Louis University (Graduate Education site): These pages provide general information about graduate assistantships at SLU, as well as policies and procedures, important announcements, and additional opportunities at SLU.
Affording a Saint Louis University Graduate Education (Graduate Admissions site): These pages offer additional financial aid information and funding resources for graduate students at SLU.
Last updated 08/09/2013