Re-deciding SLU Students
You've been at SLU for a few weeks, a semester, or even a year or more, and now you're rethinking what you want to study. Over 75% of SLU students change their major at least once. You are in good company!
What is prompting you to rethink your major? Our students have shared statements like those below:
- I started in this program because someone recommended it to me, but now I don't like it.
- I heard there are lots of other programs at SLU and I'd like to learn more about my options.
- I like what I'm studying, but I'm just not sure if it's what I want to major in.
- I haven't been doing well in some of the classes required for my major, and now I'm not sure if I want to continue with it.
- I'm not sure why I chose my program, and now I feel completely lost.
- I know what I want to do after I graduate, but I'm unsure if my current major fits.
Major Exploration Academic Advising is available to all SLU students. If you relate to any of the above statements, please schedule an appointment with us. We're free to try on: meeting with one of our Academic Advisors does not automatically transfer you into Major Exploration Advising.
Make your consultation appointment today with a Major Exploration Academic Advisor. During this appointment you can assess if transferring into Major Exploration is in your best interest. Complete the Redeciding Consultation Form and bring it with you to your consultation appointment.