Campus Recreation Mission and Benefits Statement
Campus Recreation Mission
The Mission of the Department of Campus Recreation is to provide quality recreational opportunities which aid and encourage a healthy lifestyle to the Saint Louis University community. To accomplish this mission the Department strives for excellence in recreational programs, services and facilities and promotes their contribution to one's well being.
Benefits derived through campus recreation participation include:
• improved emotional well-being
• reduced stress
• improved happiness and self-confidence
• character and community building
• improved interaction with diverse sets of people
• engagement in college social life
• improved team-building and leadership skills
• and time management
Recreational Sports in Higher Education
The Department of Campus Recreation at Saint Louis University is proud to support holisitic student development. The breif video below discusses the impact of Recreational Sports in Higher Education and was created by the National Intramural and Recreational Sport Association (NIRSA).