SLUCERT Offered to SLU Community
SLUCERT is an eight-week course of two hour training modules that provides instruction for disaster preparedness, CERT organization, basic incident command, fire safety, medical operations (one and two), disaster psychology, terrorism and search and rescue.
|Photo by Connie Tillman|
The program is free to all students, faculty and staff. The classes are held from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesdays and from 10 a.m.-noon on Saturdays.
To meet the busy demands of our community, the training courses are designed to be interchangeable. Seating is limited to 50 people. Registration is required at SLUCERT@slu.edu.
Training is provided by experts from fire, EMS, the FBI and the medical profession. The final disaster simulation exercise gives participants a feel for, and understanding of, their roles and responsibilities in an emergency or disaster.
If you are interested in participating in the upcoming SLUCERT email SLUCERT@slu.edu or contact the emergency preparedness office at 977-3048 for more information.
For more information, visit the Campus Emergency Response Team website.
The class schedule is below.
- Disaster Preparedness - Feb. 15 and 19
- Fire Safety - Feb. 22 and 26
- Med Operations 1 - March 1 and 5
- Med Operations 2 - March 22 and 26
- Search and Rescue - March 28 and April 2
- Disaster Psychology - April 5 and April 9
- Org/Terrorism - April 12 and April 16
- Final Exercise - April 30, 9 a.m.-noon