Submitting a Conflict of Interest DisclosureBelow are instructions to guide you through the eCOI disclosure process.
- On August 24, 2012 you will receive an e-mail from eRS@slu.edu to submit your eCOI disclosure. (If you have not received an e-mail from eRS@slu.edu after August 24, please contact COI@slu.edu to ensure that you have an eRS account to submit your required disclosure.)
- If you are involved in the design, conduct, or reporting of externally funded research:
- You must first complete the Collaborative Institutional Training Inititiative (CITI) Conflict of Interest course at citiprogram.org prior to the submission of your eCOI. It may take up to 48 hours for eRS to retrieve your completed training. For instructions on setting up your account with CITI, please click here.
- After completing the CITI Conflict of Interest course, you can login to eRS to complete your eCOI disclosure. Once logged in, click on "Submit My Current eCOI" to begin. You must answer all questions in order to submit your eCOI disclosure.
- If you are not involved in the design, conduct, or reporting of externally funded research:
- You are exempt from taking the CITI Conflict of Interest course if you are not involved in research; however, you will need to login to eRS to complete the eCOI disclosure indicating you have no involvement in research.
- Once logged in to eRS, click on "Submit My Current eCOI" to begin. The eRS system will recognize your response to the initial questions and determine whether you are required to complete the rest of the disclosure.
- If you do not submit your eCOI disclosure within 30 days of your intialization, you will no longer have access to other eRS systems until the disclosure has been submitted.
- Any faculty, staff, or student engaged in research who does NOT submit an eCOI disclosure or who does NOT comply with the Financial Conflict of Interest in Research Policy will be referred to the Vice President of Research for corrective action.
For any questions regarding the Financial Conflict of Interest in Research Policy, please e-mail COI@slu.edu or call 977-7047.