- Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction
Resources for Faculty
If you have any questions or are unsure about the services to recommend, please contact Kelly Herbolich, Program Director of Academic Support, at email@example.com or (314)977-2649.
General Tutoring Information:
- Student Success Center tutoring courses
- Tutoring Locations and Hours
- SI Session and times (no appointment necessary!)
- How to create a one-on-one tutoring appointment
Information on Study Skills:
The department of Academic Support does not currently offer individual workshops regarding general study skills. We do, however, provide some online resources that may help help a student on a basic level.
Tutors may also provide assistance with developing study skills for specific courses, so please encourage students to ask a tutor. Tutors participate in a yearly training, which includes information on study skills, cognitive development, adult-learning theory, and communication styles.
Depending on the students' classes, writing services is also a great resource to discuss the writing process, which often includes creating timelines by which to complete assignments.
Some additional resources:
- Academic Supports Online Study Skills Workshops & Resources
- SLU Math Department website
- Study Guides and Strategies