Master of Public Health in Environmental and Occupational Health
Sample MPH-EOH Curriculum (Minimum 48 credit hours)
Students in joint concentrations will have a curriculum that varies from the one below.
MPH Core Curriculum
The minimum total credit-hours required is 48.
Roger Lewis, PhD, CIH, discusses Environmental and Occupational Health at Saint Louis University.
The Master of Public Health in Environmental and Occupational Health prepares students to gather and interpret information used to determine and control risks to human health caused by exposures to biological, chemical and physical agents.
Students who graduate with this degree are well prepared for professional roles in environmental consulting, corporate industrial hygiene and safety, product stewardship, research, and policy.
Joint Concentration Options
Students can combine two concentrations, allowing them to expand their knowledge in both areas. The joint concentration options for Environmental and Occupational Health are:
- Epidemiology: (Minimum total credit hours required is 54)
- Biosecurity and Disaster Preparedness (Minimum total credit hours required is 54)
SLU graduates are employed all over the nation and internationally in a wide variety of settings and positions. Some of the career paths in environmental and occupational health include:Government research scientist or investigator
- Corporate environmental health and safety specialist
- Environmental health policy analyst
- EOH professional working with foundations or not for profit organizations
- Chemical product stewardship specialist
- Hospital or university environmental health specialist
- Industrial hygiene and safety consultant
Faculty and Research
Our faculty are internationally recognized as leaders in the field of environmental and occupational health and have active research in areas such as:
- Exposure Assessment
- Applied Environmental Chemistry
- Poisoning Prevention and Abatement
- Lead and Allergen Removal
For the concentration in Environmental and Occupational Health, applicants should preferably hold a bachelor's degree that includes at least six credit hours of college-level coursework in chemistry, biology and physical sciences.
Visit our Graduate Admission page for more information on application requirements and deadlines.
Register today for an upcoming preview day to visit SLU's campus and meet with faculty and current students.
If you'd like more information about SLU's MPH in Environmental and Occupational Health, fill out our information request form to contact our office of admission.
Applications are now being accepted for the fall semester. If you're ready to get started, apply now.