- About the College
The Salus Center is located on the Medical Center of Saint Louis University at 3545 Lafayette Ave., St. Louis, Mo (Map). This facility offers several unique features for students, faculty and staff of the College for Public Health & Social Justice.
Two shuttles travel from the Busch Student Center on the Frost Campus to the Salus Center every Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. during the academic year from August to May. A shuttle arrives on Lafayette near the Water Tower Inn entrance each hour on the 00, 11, 20, 31, 40 and 51 minutes on the hour. For more information on the Grand Shuttle, visit Transportation Services.
The Salus Center has a visitor parking lot (need a token from a staff member to get out of lot), general parking in the Creighton lot (which accepts a SLU general parking pass) and priority parking in the Springhill lot (which accepts a SLU priority pass). Limited street parking is also available along Henrietta Street. For more information on Parking, visit Parking and Card Services.
Additional offices in Salus
In addition to the College, the Salus Center also houses the Water Tower Inn, the Albert Gnaegi Center for Health Care Ethics, the SLU Center for Outcomes Research (SLUCor), the SLUCare Call Center, the SLUCare Sleep Disorders Center, the SLUCare Pain Management Center, SLUCare Marketing, the Center for Biomedical & Health Care Research, the Clinical Trails Office, Healthy Eating with Local Produce (HELP) office, GI Studies, Medical Center Alumni Relations, Medical Center Communications and Medical Center Development.
The Salus Center features eight classrooms, six conference rooms, and a 130 seat auditorium providing plenty of space for students, faculty and staff to collaborate, learn and hold guest lecturers.
- 132-seat auditorium
- Classroom 1420 with 6-flat panel monitors and 42 seats
- Classroom 1419 with 5-flat panel monitors and 36 seats
- Classroom 1417 and 1418 each with 48 seats and a dividing wall that can be opened up to accommodate more than 96 people
- Classrooms 1501, 1502, 1503, 1412 D (classroom in Dean's Suite)
- Dean's conference room
- Canisius conference room in the middle of the hallway
- Flanagan conference room at the east end of the hallway
- Glass conference room on the west end of the hall
- Marquette conference room in the middle of the hallway
- Gonzaga conference room at the east end of the hallway
Café Salus is located on the lower level of the Salus Center. Features of this cafeteria include Smasher's, a salad bar; baked potato bar and pasta toss station. You can visit the Dining Services website to learn more about Café Salus, as well as the other dining halls on campus.
Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Salus Fitness Center
The fitness center is located on the lower level of the Salus Center, near the cafeteria. It is operated by the Department of Campus Recreation and can be used by students, members of Simon Recreation Center and Water Tower Inn guests.
There are on site locker rooms located on the lower level, just down the hall from the fitness center. The center includes Star Track treadmills, elliptical trainers, stationary bikes and stair climbing machines. There are also Flex selectorized strength systems and free weights for strength training. You can visit the Simon Recreation Center website to contact the fitness center.
Monday - Friday from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The Salus Center houses several administrative offices for the College, including:
- Office of the Dean
- Office of the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Office of the Associate Dean for Research Graduate Education
- College's administrative offices including admissions, student services, technology services, the business office, global health, development and communication
- Community Health Association of Students (CHAS) Office
- Department of Behavioral Science & Health Education
- Department of Health Management & Policy
- Heartland Centers
- Student Association for Health Management & Policy (SAHMP) Office
- Department of Environmental & Occupational Health
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Biostatistics
- Institute for Biosecurity
- Center for Environmental Education & Training (CEET)
The Salus Center has a student lounge area and a student computer lab located on the first floor for students to meet for group projects or to work quietly.
The Incarnate Word Chapel is located on the first floor of the Salus Center near the Water Tower Inn lobby and is named in honor of the religious women who operated the building as a hospital for many years. Mass is held in the chapel every other Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. during the academic year.