- Prospective Medical Students
- Welcome from Dean Alderson
- About SLU SOM
- Mission and Values
- School of Medicine Academic Calendar
- About St. Louis
- What Makes a Best Doctor?
- Curriculum Overview
- Student Life
- Diversity and Multicultural Affairs
- Summer Scholars Program
- John H. Gladney, M.D. Diversity Award
- Events Past and Present
- Contact Us
- Service Opportunities
- Campus Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
Summer Scholars Program - Multicultural Affairs
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Interaction with medical students, professors, doctors, nurses, and other health care professionals
- Guest speakers
- Information on planning a medical education
- Expectations of a Pre-Med major
- Learning and developing interview skills
- Hands on training in medical school simulation labs
- Basic introduction to Human Anatomy
- Introduction to medical facilities, labs, and classrooms
- Introduction to various fields within medicine
- American Red Cross CPR certification
- A day at AIMS (Adventures in Medicine & Science)
WHEN The 3-week program begins June 8. The sessions will be held Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Regular attendance is expected and transportation is needed to and from the medical school. The coordinators of the program will be second year medical students. The guest speakers include professionals from a wide range of medical fields. You will be exposed to various aspects of the medical profession. We are looking forward to working with you!
* A required parent/student orientation will be held June 7.
APPLICATIONS Send to the following address: (we are limited to 25 students)
Saint Louis University School of Medicine
Attn: Summer Scholars
Office of Multicultural Affairs
1402 South Grand Blvd., C100
St. Louis, MO 63104
Applications are due no later than April 6, 2015.
QUESTIONS Please call Colette McLemore, 314-977-7564, at Saint Louis University School of Medicine Office of Multicultural Affairs.
Application for Summer Scholars is now closed.