Cancer Center Mini-Symposium
Clinical Cancer Research at SLU
LRC Auditorium C
2:30pm - 5 p.m.
Please join us for an afternoon of talks highlighting clinical cancer research at SLU. Refreshments will be provided.
- 2:30-2:45 p.m. Mark Varvares, M.D., director of SLU Cancer Center
- 2:45-3:10 p.m. Friedrich Schuening, M.D., Department of Internal Medicine
Induced pluripotent stem cells, a new frontier of regenerative medicine
- 3:10-3:35 p.m. Tricia Missall, M.D., Department of Dermatology
Imiquimod Treatment of Lentigo Maligna
- 3:35-4 p.m. Adrian di Bisceglie, M.D., Department of Internal Medicine
Prevention of Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- 4-4:25 p.m. Elizabeth Kostas-Polston, Ph.D., R.N., School of Nursing
An Investigation of the Effectiveness of Molecular Assays and Sampling Methods for the Detection of Oral Cavity and Oropharyngeal HPV Infection
- 4:25-4:50 Mark Varvares, M.D., Cancer Center
The role of PET/CT in the management of head and neck cancer