- Disability Services
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Curriculum
- Academic Support
- Bar Exam Preparation
- Degree Programs
- Legal Clinics
- Legal Research and Writing
- Professional Skills
- Student Handbook
- Student Services
- Study Abroad
- Writing Support Services
In addition to getting feedback from professors and teaching assistants on current writing assignments, all current SLU LAW students are encouraged to make use of Writing Support Services. Appointments fill up fast especially around "due dates," so students are strongly encouraged to make appointments early. For further guidelines about appointments, please check below for details.
1L Appointment Guidelines
All current 1L students are welcome to drop by 101A Morrissey and sign up for an individual feedback appointment on all LRW assignments except for the last assignment of the semester. Only students who receive their professor's referral for the last assignment can make appointments. However, students without a referral for the last assignment are welcome to come by for "special," brief, drop-in session for quick feedback or questions. Please come by Professor Morse's office for appointment sign ups.
Unlike fall semester, only students who receive their professor's referral (students will receive a letter) will be able to make a priority appointment. However, those students who do not receive a referral letter will still have the option to attend the "drop-in" sessions for quick points of clarification, etc.
Paper Submission Guidelines:
- Please submit a hard copy, no more than 3 pages, double-spaced, of writing by the indicated deadline time.
- Please identify and submit 2 specific questions on assignment which you need addressed.
- A typical appointment will be approximately 20 minutes.
- Please, do, put your name on the paper, your professor's name, and your appointment time/day.
- If paper is late; unfortunately, your appointment will be given to another student.
- If for any reason you can't make the appointment, please call: 977-2022. NO SHOWS will not be accommodated for the next assignment.
2L/3L Appointment Guidelines
All current 2L and 3L students are welcome to get feedback on their writing projects. However, if the writing is for class, students must secure permission from their professor before we meet. Either a note, email, or call from your professor will serve as permission. Please contact Professor Morse or drop by for an appointment.
Paper Submission Guidelines:
Please submit a complete hard copy at least 3 business days in advance of our meeting. Be sure to factor in revision time with assignment's due date.
Indicate your name, assignment's purpose/parameters, and questions you would like me to attend to.
Questions? Please direct your questions to Professor Morse, Associate Director of Writing Services or drop by 101A Morrissey Hall in Student Services Office.