The purpose and mission of the Asian American Law Students' Association is to address the needs and concerns of Asian American law students within the School of Law community, to work with local and national Asian American communities toward the realization of common goals and to educate the law school community concerning the legal and political issues affecting Asian Americans.
We aim to:
• Assist Asian American law students in achieving their academic and professional goals;
• Foster a sense of community within the AALSA;
• Provide AALSA members with access and opportunities for involvement within their communities;
• Encourage participation, leadership, and community service amongst Asian Americans;
• Serve as a source of information for Asian American community organizations;
• Serve as a network of communication among the Asian American law student community for fostering the exchange of ideas and information;
• Provide an informal forum for socializing and learning about various Asian cultures;
• Educate and promote a deeper understanding of the social and historical role and contributions of Asian Americans in America.
Membership is open to all current law students, faculty members, alumni and all other students in legal education or legal research.
National Asian Pacific American Law Student Association