Miscellaneous Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I correct my graduation date?
Please notify the Office of the University Registrar through email@example.com, 314.977.2269 or in person and we will make the correction on your student record.
How do I apply for a Leave of Absence?
Please contact your Academic Advisor to begin the process, as well as contacting Student Financial Services.
You will be required to complete the Leave of Absence form and acquire the necessary signatures.
How do I withdraw from Saint Louis University?
Please review the steps outlined in the Withdrawing from Saint Louis University document.
Who is my Academic Advisor?
Your Academic Advisor is the individual at SLU who assists you with planning your academic career and ensuring you can attain your academic goals.
- Log into Banner Self Service and access the Student menu, then Student Records, then View Student Information
- After selecting a term, please chose the current term, click Submit.
- The General Student Record will appear and you then click Go to All Advisor Listing.
- This will generate a list of all of the individuals linked to your student account as advisors
- If no names are returned please see the advising office for your college to determine who your academic advisor should be
How do I remove the Emergency Notification System Hold?
Instructions can be found here.
How do I change my Address?
- If you are a current student you may change your address on Banner Self Service
- Log into Banner Self Service and click on the Personal Information menu, then on Update Addresses and Phone Numbers
- You may now click on Current next to the incorrect address in order to modify the address or phone number
- If you are not a current student you may come into our office in DuBourg Hall, room 22 or fax our office a signed request to change your address
- Please include your complete name, student ID number (if known) or the last 4 digits of your social security number, date of birth, address correction, and your signature