By combining practical aspirations with the humanizing and broadening effects of language study, our undergraduate major prepares you to perform in a number of rewarding careers. Accessibility to faculty is a hallmark of the Department of Modern and Classical Languages, and our faculty will be happy to advise you on career options.
To begin, ask yourself these questions:
- Why did I choose this major?
- What do I like about the courses in the major?
- To what degree do I want to use the major in my career?
Some popular job titles for foreign language graduates include:
- Special Agent (FBI, CIA, and DEA)
- Travel Guide
- Peace Corps Volunteer (Peace Corps)
- Tour Guide/Escort
- Immigrations and Customs Inspector
- International Banker
- Bilingual Office Administrator
- Management Consultant
- Foreign Service Officer (State Department)
- Cultural Events Planner
- University Professor in Language and Literature
- High School Teacher
- Museum Curator
- Study Abroad Advisor
- Social and Human Service Assistant
- Interpreter/Translator (American Translators Association)
To further explore your personal interests and career path, meet with a career counselor today. Call Career Services at 977-2828 to schedule an appointment.
Vistawide National Virtual Translation Center Top Language Jobs Universal Highways, Inc.
Career Services. "What Can I Do with This Major?"