- Important Information
Early Arrival Requests for Fall 2014
Early arrival requests may be submitted through this form, and will be accepted until 8:00am CST on Friday, August 1, 2014. Requests for early arrivals will be reviewed on an on-going basis.
Decisions regarding requests will be sent via email to the student's SLU email address. Students approved for an early arrival will be expected to comply with policies and procedures outlined in the housing contract, Housing and Residence Life Handbook, and Saint Louis University's Student Handbook, and may be removed from early arrival housing if violations occur. Requests for early arrivals are strongly discouraged, and there is a charge of $40.00 per night for the student to move in early. All charges will be applied to the student account.
Please do not make any travel commitments or accommodations until you receive a decision regarding your Early Arrival Request. Travel arrangements, including ticket purchases, will not automatically guarantee approval of an early arrival.
No requests will be approved for arrival earlier than Saturday, August 16, 2014, at 9:00 am CST. Exceptions will be made for mandatory professional and graduate school orientations.
Some buildings may not be available for early arrivals due to facility projects and renovations. If a student's room/building is unavailable due to these summer projects, the student's request will not be approved.
Requests may be approved for the following reasons (documentation is required for each):
- International flight originating outside the continental United states (itinerary required)
- Families with two or more college students at different institutions moving in on the same day (copy of other institution's move-in information required)
- Families who live more than 100 miles away and have both freshman and upperclassman students living in the SLU residence halls and on-campus apartments (excludes The Flats at 374)
- Students with mobility limitations
- Medical issues (medical documentation from treating physician required)
- Students who live more than 100 miles away and have law, medical, or graduate school orientation.
- Students with classes that begin prior to August 20 (copy of course schedule or syllabus required.
- Returning early to help with university opening (email from SLU staff member advising or supervising student required)
- Orientation/Training for a Campus Job (email from supervisor required)
- Transitioning to Fall Assignment from Summer Housing
The advisor or department administrator must request early arrivals for students affiliated with any groups listed below. The advisor/supervisor should submit a written request directly to Housing and Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org and must include if the individual student or the department will pay for the early arrival housing charges. Group requests should be submitted by Friday, August 1, 2014. Students may not request a check-in date earlier than the date requested by the advisor/supervisor. Please include: reason for request, student names, banner ID numbers, email addresses, and requested check-in date.
Groups eligible to request an early arrival include:
• Campus departments and offices directly related to opening the residence halls & apartments
• University athletes on approved list provided by Janet Oberle, Associate Director of Athletics.
• Oriflamme members approved by the Student Involvement Center.
• Approved University 101 instructors
• Student leaders as required by the Student Involvement Center (SGA, KSLU, U-News, etc.)
• Academic departments directly related to Fall Welcome activities.
• Graduate and Teaching Assistants (e-mail request from sponsoring department or faculty member)
• New International Students may move in on Friday, August 15, 2014.
All requests not directly related to opening of campus housing will be subject to an early arrival daily fee of $40.00 regardless of the housing location.
Please submit the required documentation in support of your request to our office by Friday, August 1, 2014. Documentation can be submitted via email (email@example.com), fax (314-977-1510), or the US Postal Service (address below).
Department of Housing and Residence Life
Attn: Early Arrival Request
3744 West Pine Mall
Village Apartments, Brown Hall
St. Louis, MO 63108