Getting Started FAQ
What is my SLU Net ID?
Your SLU Net ID is your unique SLU username and is the first part of your SLU email address before the @slu.edu. Your SLU Net ID is used to access a variety of systems and applications on campus including mySLU and Google Apps (email).
What are my default SLU Net and email passwords?
Your default password is "Id" followed by the last six digits of your Banner ID. For example, if your Banner ID number is 000123456, then your default password is Id123456.
How do I change my SLU Net and email password?
- Visit password.slu.edu
- Log in using your SLU Net ID and default SLU Net password.
- Your SLU Net ID is your unique SLU username. It is the same as your SLU email address before the "@slu.edu." If you are not sure what your email address is, visit slu.edu/peoplefinder and search for your name.
- Your default SLU Net password is "Id" followed by the last six digits of your Banner ID. For example, if your Banner ID is 000123456, then your default password is Id123456.
- Review the requirements for a new password.
- Enter your current password in the Old password: box.
- Create a new password and enter it in the New password: and Verify password: boxes.
- Click Change Password.
This process will change the password you use to log into Google Apps (email) and mySLU, among other applications. More information can be found on the ITS website.
How do I access my email and calendar?
- Browse to mail.slu.edu
- Log in with your SLU Net ID and password.
- The initial screen will display your e-mail inbox
- Click Calendar in the top menu bar to open your calendar.
What is mySLU?
The mySLU portal provides access to Google Apps, People Finder, SLU Global, Banner Self-Service, student records, employee records and more.
To log in to mySLU, follow these steps:
- Go to http://myslu.slu.edu.
- Enter your SLU Net ID and password. (Your SLU Net ID is the first part of your email address before the "@slu.edu." For example, if your email address is email@example.com, your SLU Net ID is "jjones."
- Click on the Tools tab to find links to various applications (including Banner Self-Service, SLU Global and Google Apps).