Early Arrival Requests Form Now Available for Fall 2011
Use the link below to apply for an early arrival request for Fall 2011 move in.
Request will not be reviewed until July 11. Once requests are reviewed, there will be four working days for housing staff to respond to requests. Requests will be responded to by email.
The deadline to received requests will be 8 a.m. Monday, Aug. 1. Students that are approved for early arrival will be held accountable for policies and procedures outlined in the housing contract and may be removed from early arrival housing if violation of the contract occurs.
There is a daily charge of $35 for the student to move in early to their residence hall or apartment.
Some buildings may not be ready for the early arrival process due to facility projects and renovations. If a student's room/building is impacted by these summer projects then they will not be approved for these reasons.
No requests are approved to arrive earlier than 9 a.m. Aug. 20.
The following are requests that are typically approved: (documentation is required for each)
- International flights/ outside the continental U.S. (you must provide a copy of your flight tickets)
- Families with two or more college students at different institutions moving the same day (you must provide the other University's move in letter)
- Families that live more than 100 miles away that has freshman and upper class students living in the SLU residence halls.
- International students taking the ESL qualification test (provide letter of test).
- Students with disabilities need to make requests through the Office of Diversity and Affirmative Action.
- Medical issues (sickness, pregnancy, etc) will be handled by individual Residence Hall Coordinators (provide medical excuse in writing from doctor).
- Graduate and Teaching Assistants (letter from sponsoring department)
- Out of town students (more than 100 mile radius who have law, medical, or Graduate school orientation. Provide orientation letter).
- Transitional Housing for those students that lived on campus during the summer.
Mail or fax the required documentation for proof of your request by Aug. 1:
Department of Housing and Residence Life
Attn: Early Arrival Request
3744 West Pine Mall
Village Apartments, Brown Hall
St. Louis, MO 63108
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (put "Early Arrival Request" in the subject line)